News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

So apparently with Dawnguard installed there are now random encounters with vampires and werewolves? :hmm:  I discovered this because on my way up that mountain trail to Ivarstead early in the main quest I encountered a pack of werewolf brutes that ripped me and Lydia apart. :bleeding:  Guess I gotta find another way to the town. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I've lucked out. I've only seen one non-quest vamp and it was being hunted by two members of the vigilant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Earlier on the same trail I encountered three orcs, who I killed, and then slightly further on found two dead vampires.  I'm guessing the orcs killed the vamps.  Anyway... busy trail. :)

Solmyr

The amount of wandering monsters in TES games, it's a wonder there's any normal traffic between population centers at all. :P

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 28, 2013, 08:11:59 AM
I've lucked out. I've only seen one non-quest vamp and it was being hunted by two members of the vigilant.

I keep finding Vampires in towns.  Three vampires will appear and get attacked by a dozen guards.  After killing the vamps the Guards will complain that someone really needs to do something about those vampire attacks.  I'm guessing it's part of the Dawn guard quests.  Never ran into a Werewolf random encounter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2013, 08:10:20 AM
So apparently with Dawnguard installed there are now random encounters with vampires and werewolves? :hmm: 

I encountered vampires randomly before Dawnguard, but not werewolves.  Looking at Dawnguard in TES5Edit, I don't see any werewolf additions to the encounters, so you might be getting those from somewhere else (especially if they are falling from the sky, like everything else  :P).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maximus

Cal, if you have the warzones mod active it can give encounters like those.

Caliga

Ah, ok... and no, the werewolves didn't fall out of the sky first.  A werewolf storm would have been neat to see, though. :)

katmai

A werenado as it were?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Octavian

I've been installing a shitload of mods recently:

QuoteClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
unofficial skyrim patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp=1
chesko_frostfall.esp=1
dragonsoulstoperks.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
auto unequip arrows.esp=1
chesko_lorebasedloadingscreens.esp=1
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp=1
skyui.esp=1
iHUD.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
SkyRe_Main.esp=1
SkyRe_Combat.esp=1
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp=1
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp=1
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Realistic werewolf speed.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp=1
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp=1
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp=1
RND_USKP-Patch.esp=1
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
Duel - Combat Realism.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp=1
SkyRe_Races.esp=1
Purewaters.esp=1
PurewatersDG.esp=1
PurewatersDB.esp=1
RND_PureWaters-Patch.esp=1
ReProccer.esp=1
merchantsrevamped_1.0.esp=1

Currently at level 18 and I have already lost Lydia and Sven. Both died when I used the Unrelenting shout and they were in the way.  :P

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

garbon

I got a mod that replaced Lydia with Ludwig. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Octavian on July 31, 2013, 11:51:15 AM
Currently at level 18 and I have already lost Lydia and Sven. Both died when I used the Unrelenting shout and they were in the way.  :P

The only followers I use these days are Mjoll the Lioness and Serana.  Both are essential, which stops them from going the way of your Lydia / Sven.  :contract:

Josephus

Yeah followers do have a habit of getting in the way. I've killed two so far (at level 18 too): Lydia, and the archer guy whom you meet Riverwood. Currently on my third, a woman I picked up in Falkreath
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

I kinda lost interest in the game.  I took a trip to Wisconsin and when I got back my PC then I got busy doing a lot of nothing and never could bring myself to get into the game again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Yeah, the vampire attacks in Dawnguard are a pain in the ass.  Especially since they pop most frequently for me right inside city gates when I'm trying to keep my bounty down. <_<

Currently, my level 16 Nord is taking a break before brokering the Imperial-Stormcloak truce to work on mining and smithing.  I've got the mage quests completed, just started the Companions quest line, and said "fuck it" and adopted a little orphan that was begging in Whiterun.  Discovery: Breezehome is kinda small for me, Lydia, and little Lucia. :P
Experience bij!