News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2013, 11:07:34 AM
I was playing last night and people and animals kept falling out of the sky while I was walking around. :hmm:

:D

Actually I had before I'd installed anything other than the unofficial patches, where a corpse (that giant you see being killed by companions outside whiterun) would spawn (grow?) up out of the ground. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

I have seen giants hit their targets so hard they take 20-30 seconds to come down.

In fact I was attacked by a giant somewhere near Riften along the southern edge of the map. I was holding my own for a couple rounds, then he got his special attack or whatever. I was travelling north over the middle of the lake and still ascending when it went to loading screen.

Caliga

I actually had kind of the opposite of that also, whereas a guy named 'Scavenger' attacked me and Lydia killed him.  As soon as she killed him he sunk into the ground and I couldn't loot him.

I don't recall seeing any 'Scavenger' NPCs in my first playthrough, and this was right by a Civil War mod-created Legionary camp, so I am wondering if the Civil War mod is somehow causing this to happen.  It was pretty funny watching mammoths fall out of the sky on my way to Smuggler's Den, though. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on July 25, 2013, 11:12:14 AM
I have seen giants hit their targets so hard they take 20-30 seconds to come down.
Hmmm... this was also happening near a giants' camp.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2013, 11:13:53 AM
I actually had kind of the opposite of that also, whereas a guy named 'Scavenger' attacked me and Lydia killed him.  As soon as she killed him he sunk into the ground and I couldn't loot him.

I don't recall seeing any 'Scavenger' NPCs in my first playthrough, and this was right by a Civil War mod-created Legionary camp, so I am wondering if the Civil War mod is somehow causing this to happen.  It was pretty funny watching mammoths fall out of the sky on my way to Smuggler's Den, though. :)
If it was a mammoth, it was't a giant that hit it.  Did you hear any dragon sounds?  They pick up and drop things like giants and maybe mammoths (saw the dragon in that bogfield south of Windhelm pick up a giant and drop him from maybe 100 feet up).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Nope, didn't hear or see a dragon.  Around the same time I also had rabbits and deer falling out of the sky, too.

garbon

Sounds like mod glitch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2013, 11:07:34 AM
I was playing last night and people and animals kept falling out of the sky while I was walking around. :hmm:

Now that never happens on a PS3 :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

I wouldn't rush to celebrate that given that it doesn't have to happen on a PC either. :mellow:

Josephus

but it can never happen on a ps3 :lol:

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Never say never, it isn't like games on the ps3 are glitch free.

Besides, just me, but I'd take the chance of some bugs for a richer game. After all, if it doesn't work out, I can always going back to the unadorned version.

Josephus

oh the ps3 has bugs...but not the ones caused by installing mods. Actually in my current game I think I discovered a bug. Can't progress in the Forswarn Conspiracy quest....I'm supposed to get arrested at some point and it isn't happening. thankfully it's not an important quest.
Civis Romanus Sum

Caliga

there are unofficial patches for PC that fix problems like that one. :sleep:

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on July 26, 2013, 08:10:29 PM
there are unofficial patches for PC that fix problems like that one. :sleep:

Score one for PC :D
Civis Romanus Sum