News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Game diary playing only with illusionist, non-violent powers (15 chapters so far):

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/09/an-illusionist-in-skyrim-part-1/

QuoteIn Skyrim, a mage is an unstoppable storm of destruction. In real life, a mage is just an illusionist: they can't do much except trick you. If one of them turned out to be the world's only hope of salvation, hijinks and sudden death would inevitably ensue. Since these are my two favourite things, I've decided to try playing this way.

Skyrim does have a school of magic comprised entirely of illusions, so I'm sticking strictly to this. I can't wear any armour, hold any weapons, cast any non-Illusion spells, or ever attack anyone directly – not even with a punch. Yes. This is an excellent idea.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

C.C.R.

Picked up Dawnguard & Hearthfire a week or so ago, and after some fiddling & experimenting to weed out the incompatible mods this is some good fun... :ccr

Phillip V

Will Skyrim's Game of the Year edition come this summer or earlier?

sbr

Quote from: Phillip V on December 28, 2012, 03:54:09 AM
Will Skyrim's Game of the Year edition come this summer or earlier?

Not likely before summer, there is a new DLC in the pipe for early in the year. I don't know if there is another DLC planned after that or not.

The Brain

Played the expansion as a vampire. Decent.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Anyone know where I could score some good armor and/or sell a lot of shit?  The insanely low amount of cash that store owners sell is hugely annoying. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Quote from: Queequeg on January 19, 2013, 12:46:52 AM
Anyone know where I could score some good armor and/or sell a lot of shit?  The insanely low amount of cash that store owners sell is hugely annoying.

What do you mean by good armor?

Don't know a vanilla solution to the poor merchants problem.

Queequeg

I want something light.

I think I might just get some Elven armor and pimp it out with some enchantments. 

I am really, really annoyed about the low cash thing.  I HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY THAT HOUSE IN SOLITUDE GOD DAMN IT.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Speaking generally, the reliable way to get good armor is crafting.

C.C.R.

Just now bought & DL'd Dragonborn.  I won't have a chance to play it until tomorrow morning at the earliest, so modders on the Nexus have exactly 24 hours to make me the mods I need (CBBE clothing update, Unofficial Dragonborn Patch, etc)...

:P

Queequeg

Dragonborn is pretty great.  Loving the Morrowind-y atmosphere. 

grumbler

For even more Morrowind-y atmosphere, try Skywind: http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2707

Still in beta, but pretty interesting.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

Trying Skyrim for the first time. I like it so far, but I'm not sure about the Schwarzenigger accent the Whiterun guards have. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Played through most of the content of Dragonborn. I'm pleased with it.

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2013, 09:59:38 AM
Trying Skyrim for the first time. I like it so far, but I'm not sure about the Schwarzenigger accent the Whiterun guards have. :P

It's for sure a good game. I just DL'd Dragonborn for my other half and her 16 yo. They play the shit outta it. I got bored with it. Fallout ruined it for me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".