News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Well that was amusing.  I've never even played Skyrim.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

My wife and I are really enjoying this game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

After installing Dawnguard, this game is no longer stable. CTD or freeze every five minutes, sometimes less. Even with zero mods. Skyrim has never been unstable for me at all, even with a hundred mods in there.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

C.C.R.

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 24, 2012, 12:49:01 PM
After installing Dawnguard, this game is no longer stable. CTD or freeze every five minutes, sometimes less. Even with zero mods. Skyrim has never been unstable for me at all, even with a hundred mods in there.

That's disappointing.  The only problems I've ever had with Skyrim stability have been from DLing & installing waaaaaaaay too many companion mods (not that I use more than one or two companions at a time, but just because I like to see Pretty in the game world), and I'll occassionally crash going into the Bannered Mare from there being like 20 NPC's in there.

Haven't picked up Dawnguard yet - mostly because I've been Taking A Break from playing games lately.  I had been planning on picking it up sometime this month, but if it's borking the game then I'm gonna hold off for awhile...

:ccr

ulmont

Hey Jonas:

QuoteThe 2nd module of mounted combat. Will be available soon:
Featuring:
- Spear on horse back
- Couched Lance charge
- Mounted Casting
- Mounted combat overhaul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVDa0ygXXU

Drakken

Any suggestion of overhaul mods that add quests and improve on gameplay, not only on graphics?

Winkelried

Quote from: ulmont on October 16, 2012, 12:34:16 PM
Hey Jonas:

QuoteThe 2nd module of mounted combat. Will be available soon:
Featuring:
- Spear on horse back
- Couched Lance charge
- Mounted Casting
- Mounted combat overhaul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVDa0ygXXU

That sounds good. I wonder if it will include the follower. Being on horseback while Lydia is trying to keep up isn't just uncool, it's also counter productive. By the time she reaches the battle I have either won or died already.

grumbler

Quote from: Winkelried on October 27, 2012, 09:41:58 AM
That sounds good. I wonder if it will include the follower. Being on horseback while Lydia is trying to keep up isn't just uncool, it's also counter productive. By the time she reaches the battle I have either won or died already.

Get http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14950 and solve all your horse issues.  Best in multitap mode, IMO.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Since Steam decided to update Skyrim, I tried it out again and many of my ctd issues went away. I have Dawnguard and Hearthfire in there btw.

The Live Another Life mod was bugging it out a bit but once I cleared those pre-main-quest quests away I played for quite a long time with no issues.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I own this one but have been kept playing it, because they keep releasing DLCs.  Since I know I'll only play through this once, I kinda want to play through the "definitive" version". :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Started a new game with the "Live a different life" start module (lets you customize your race/appearance and select from a dozen or so different starting positions). I went with an orc who survived an attack. I came to somewhere between Windhelm and Riften, found a bit of equipment and set out for Riften. 50 meters on the road and I run into an Argonian skooma trader.

"Good," thinks I, "I can sell him some of the excess stuff I found at the site where I was attacked!"

However, I asked him if his trade wasn't illegal. He took it as indication that I might rat him out to authorities and he attacked me. So 5 minutes into the new game I was killed by an unarmed Argonian drug dealer. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 27, 2011, 10:42:45 AM
Morrowind (Elder scrolls III) was one of my great favorites; it's successor, Oblivion, less so.

I'll be getting Skyrim and hoping that they have that special Morrowind feel in the new game  :cool:

GAH - that reminds me, I still have your copy of this.  Please PM me your addy and I will mail it back to you.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr