Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on April 13, 2012, 09:35:01 AM
How does your PS2 handle the graphics?

It has Blast Processing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

It's a PS3.

It's fine. I heard before I got the game that after an hour of play it stutters and stuff, but I haven't had issues yet. Though I've never played longer than 90 mins or so at a time.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

C.C.R.

Currently going nuts DLing & installing every companion mod I can find.  Not that I'm really all that into companions, but just that I like to have them around the game world for Ambience...

:ccr

Josephus

Couple nooob questions:

1. How important is sleep? Do you have to sleep at all?

2. People are telling me I don't look so good. Should I be worried?

3. Do you have to keep recastings spells? For instance I have a spell that says something like "restores 5 points of health every 10 seconds." So I only have to cast that once and it lasts for a while. Is that the same with weapon spells such as "causes 5 points of health damage every 10 seconds"..so one direct hit and I keep doing damage?

I am new to these sort of games, having spent the better part of 10 years playing Paradox games or soccer games. I'm really liking Skyrim which I'm playing on a PS3. Just walking around, climbing mountains, walking by the river, looking at all the scenery and stuff. It's really beautiful out there in Skyrim.

Oh one more question.

4. Sometimes you come across a camp with friendly people. They have a nice skeewer rat on a spit. It's not marked in red (theft) if i take it. Will they be pissed if I take it? Same holds with other stuff. When I go to that trader in Riverwell I could buy stuff,....or just take the free stuff he's got lying around. Can I do that?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

1,2,3,4: be a badass viking.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2012, 09:04:19 AM
Couple nooob questions:

1. How important is sleep? Do you have to sleep at all?

In the un-modded game you don't need to eat, sleep, or drink.

Quote2. People are telling me I don't look so good. Should I be worried?
If you are not a Nord, people will say things like "you look pale" or whatever.  Not an issue.  If someone says you might have a specific disease, check it out under persistent effects under the magic menu.

Quote3. Do you have to keep recastings spells? For instance I have a spell that says something like "restores 5 points of health every 10 seconds." So I only have to cast that once and it lasts for a while. Is that the same with weapon spells such as "causes 5 points of health damage every 10 seconds"..so one direct hit and I keep doing damage?
The spells actually say things like "restores 5 points per second for 10 seconds" or "inflicts 5 points of poison damage per second for 8 seconds."  You don't need to recast those to get that effect, but given effects generally don't stack (i.e. 2 "poison 5 points for 8 seconds" won't give 10 points of poison for 8 seconds, but rather 5 points for 16 seconds).

Spells with "effects per second" only can be continuously cast to get the effect until you stop or run out of magicka.

Quote4. Sometimes you come across a camp with friendly people. They have a nice skeewer rat on a spit. It's not marked in red (theft) if i take it. Will they be pissed if I take it? Same holds with other stuff. When I go to that trader in Riverwell I could buy stuff,....or just take the free stuff he's got lying around. Can I do that?

If it doesn't say you are stealing, the item belongs to no one and no one cares if you take it.  There's way too much stuff like that in the game, IMO.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DontSayBanana

Actually, you're only half-right, Grumbler.  If it's a trader you've helped out with a quest, some stuff that was marked (STEAL) before becomes free to take as a "reward" for helping them out with a problem.  Seems there's some randomness or unknown method to how much of the stuff that's laying around becomes up for grabs- on one play-through, everything on the smith's bench in Riverwood became up for grabs, but most of the time, the iron boots remain (STEAL).
Experience bij!

Josephus

Thanks for the help.
Civis Romanus Sum

Solmyr

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

BOOBIES @ :31, BOOBIES @ :31
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grallon

Tempted by this...  Is it dependent on Steam?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Shade

no not really at all. Though I personally find it easier to add mods through steam.

Faeelin

I think I figured out my problem with Skyrim. It's very open ended, but it's open-ended in a thin sense. You don't get multiple outcomes to different quests, you just choose which ones you want to do.  And there's little overflow.

No worries if the Dragonborn, as Arch Chancellor of the Mages's Guild, joins the side of the Empire, for instance. 

Valmy

The Elder Scrolls games are like that.  I mean they still have a story to tell.  The only one with lots of multiple endings was Daggerfall and they had to come up with this really awkward way of resolving that continuity problem with the later games (magically all the endings happened...seriously).
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."