News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: C.C.R. on March 09, 2012, 02:04:06 PM
I'm a little skeptical about using Steam Workshop -- I'm a little paranoid that it'll make an auto-update that'll break my save game somehow.  I prefer to do it manually & be able to put the old esp back in if something slips sideways on me...

Same.  I'll give it a while to break and be fixed before I use it.  Nexus has always been good enough for me, and the Nexus Mod Manager does everything Steam Works does except actually update the mods whether you want that or not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Finally finished my third and final run-through of the game, the stealth character.  Each run-through was focused on the appropriate quests (did a few duplicates to get some houses), to try to keep each one unique.  Each lasted about 120 hours and got me to level 40 or so.  The game is really well-suited to that style of play.

I must admit that the stealth quests were the best set, but that the game was by far the most fun as a Nord warrior who handled everything Conan-style.

I will now hold off on the game 'till some quest mods come out.  The modders are really having fun with this one, and I expect some great results.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Faeelin

Are there any mods out now that people recommend?

Faeelin

Also, am I missing something obvious, or is there a way to set certain spells to hotkeys?

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on March 18, 2012, 04:37:14 PM
Also, am I missing something obvious, or is there a way to set certain spells to hotkeys?

Set the spell as a favorite, open the favorites menu, hold a hotkey of choice and click on the spell.

It's just like a weapons favorite.  Double-hit the hot key to dual wield.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on March 18, 2012, 01:59:04 PM
Are there any mods out now that people recommend?

I was using the UNP body, simple borderless window, and extended launcher (tied to SKSE), plus Dohvakeyn's (however that is spelled) hideout (gives you access to a huge "basement" area common to all your houses).  I added Jaysus swords late in play (very nice, but not well-balanced, especially in price). I'd go with it if you don't mind getting rich relatively quickly.  OTOH, one could argue that vanilla weapons are simply underpriced, I suppose.

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Post-patch I was finally able to marry Lydia. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Crazy_Ivan80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaqfoHudOPI&feature=youtu.be

some people have way too much arrows... er i mean time.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Just started playing this on PS3. Was in some village, early in the game, and this little annoying girl kept coming up to me saying "Did you really see a dragon?" I decided to kill her. That was kinda cool. Her little brother was shocked. "what's he doing?" So I killed him too. Then, for fun, I decided to kill as many annoying people as I could. Then the dog as well.  It's cool that the game lets you go on a psychotic rampage.:lol:

The thing that gets me about this game (and I don't play these as often as I used to) is the conversations are a bit limited. I'm never able to ask the questions I really like. Like when I rent a room for the night at the tavern, rather than go to every room looking for a free bed, I just want to ask "Thanks...um, can you tell me which is my room?"

Or sometimes, in towns, I lose sense of direction and just want to ask the nearest person, "Scuze me kind fella, can you tell me where the gate is?"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

I didn't think you could kill kids.

Octavian

Quote from: Josephus on April 12, 2012, 08:49:04 AM
Just started playing this on PS3. Was in some village, early in the game, and this little annoying girl kept coming up to me saying "Did you really see a dragon?" I decided to kill her. That was kinda cool. Her little brother was shocked. "what's he doing?" So I killed him too. Then, for fun, I decided to kill as many annoying people as I could. Then the dog as well.  It's cool that the game lets you go on a psychotic rampage.:lol:

The thing that gets me about this game (and I don't play these as often as I used to) is the conversations are a bit limited. I'm never able to ask the questions I really like. Like when I rent a room for the night at the tavern, rather than go to every room looking for a free bed, I just want to ask "Thanks...um, can you tell me which is my room?"

Or sometimes, in towns, I lose sense of direction and just want to ask the nearest person, "Scuze me kind fella, can you tell me where the gate is?"

Or you could use the map :)
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on April 12, 2012, 01:58:07 PM
I didn't think you could kill kids.

You can't, in the base unmodded game.  There were countries in which the game simply could not be sold if kids were killable.

Fallout (or maybe it was Fallout 2, can't remember) didn't have any kids in its European edition because they were killable.  Black Isle just took 'em all out.  Otherwise the game would have been unsellable, for all practical purposes.

The US version had killable kids.

BethSoft just decided to make kids unkillable in all versions when they added kids.  Mods can fix this for PC versions, I am sure.  Not sure how Josephus managed to get a version of the PS2 game that allowed kids to be killed.

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Ok. In my bloodlust I thought I did. I swung at everything. they did scream and yell, "what's he doing?" and stuff like that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

How does your PS2 handle the graphics?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.