And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Does anyone know if Dawnbreaker makes you less sneaky with the light and all?

Solmyr

Max your Sneak with all perks and you can basically sneak around in broad daylight.

But in general, I haven't noticed light having a major effect. The bigger difference is indoors/outdoors - you are harder to detect indoors, even in well-lit areas, while outdoors at night enemies will see you much more easily.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Solmyr on December 27, 2011, 01:53:30 PM
Max your Sneak with all perks and you can basically sneak around in broad daylight.

But in general, I haven't noticed light having a major effect. The bigger difference is indoors/outdoors - you are harder to detect indoors, even in well-lit areas, while outdoors at night enemies will see you much more easily.

So........Dawnbreaker?  I know about sneaking and all that.  I'm asking about the sword with a thing in it that is really bright and gets brighter when it's near undead.  Torches make you less sneaky, except around blind things like Falmer, so I'm curious about this.  I've had it before on another character, but never bothered to check and see what the dealio was with sneaking while carrying it.  I'm currently around that particular shrine and was thinking about getting it again, but since this dude is a thief type, it might not be worth the time.

E:  Now that I'm typing stuff about it, I don't think I remember seeing it lighting up the area around me like a torch, so if that's the case, it shouldn't change anything about sneaking.  :hmm:

Solmyr

And as I said, I haven't noticed light sources have a major effect on sneaking.

And as a thief type you'll probably want to go with daggers and bows, anyway.

ulmont

FYI, when you guys get bored with the game, fortify restoration turns out to be the most broken thing there is...because fortify enchanting and fortify smithing potions count as restoration, as do fortify restoration potions.

1) Put on +alchemy gear
2) Brew fortify restoration potion.
3) Drink potion
4) Remove +alchemy gear
5) Put back on +alchemy gear, and notice its better bonuses
6) Repeat 2-5 until you have something like +50000 alchemy
7) Brew a few fortify enchanting potions
8) Swig those and make ubergear.

I ended up with something like +10000 stamina / health / magicka regen, plus a set of smithing gear that collectively gives +16000 or so.

Not recommended until you're bored for obvious reasons.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Solmyr on December 27, 2011, 06:00:51 PM

Okay look: I don't want to be a dick because you're trying to help, but goddammit Solmyr. 

I really just don't care about your experiences with light sources and whether you feel they have a major effect on sneaking or not.  They have an effect.   I wanted to know if Dawnbreaker does too.  That's it.  You haven't said anything about Dawnbreaker at all.   The sword!  Tell me about the sword!

Solmyr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 27, 2011, 08:50:06 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on December 27, 2011, 06:00:51 PM

Okay look: I don't want to be a dick because you're trying to help, but goddammit Solmyr. 

I really just don't care about your experiences with light sources and whether you feel they have a major effect on sneaking or not.  They have an effect.   I wanted to know if Dawnbreaker does too.  That's it.  You haven't said anything about Dawnbreaker at all.   The sword!  Tell me about the sword!

:rolleyes: Read between the lines. If even major light sources have a barely noticeable effect, then I doubt Dawnbreaker has any effect at all regardless of its light. :P

Caliga

I started playng last night.  The default Nord character it gave me looked exactly like Triple H. :cool:

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Solmyr on December 28, 2011, 06:36:05 AM
:rolleyes: Read between the lines. If even major light sources have a barely noticeable effect, then I doubt Dawnbreaker has any effect at all regardless of its light. :P

:lol:  Goddammit, Solmyr. 

I went ahead and got it again and it doesn't project light, so no effect btw.  It's really badass against undead, although it need a little buff to be in line with some of the other weapons handed out (look on Nexus).  The one I got seems like a bit much, but then again, it has almost the same effects as Chillrend (fire instead of ice though, of course), so......I guess it's okay?

Quote from: CalI started playng last night.  The default Nord character it gave me looked exactly like Triple H.

They all sound like Austrians.

Solmyr

Yeah, I thought they hired Arnie to voice them.

MadBurgerMaker

Well, except for Ulfric.  He sounds awesome, like Beowulf from 13th Warrior.  Probably because he is Beowulf from 13th Warrior.  :P

Solmyr

Btw, the Dark Brotherhood questline is totally my favorite, because it actually makes you question your moral character. The stuff you do during it is just so shitty. And the ultimate mission actually had me wavering whether I wanted to do it at all, once I met the target. :ph34r:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Solmyr on December 28, 2011, 06:54:23 AM
Btw, the Dark Brotherhood questline is totally my favorite, because it actually makes you question your moral character. The stuff you do during it is just so shitty. And the ultimate mission actually had me wavering whether I wanted to do it at all, once I met the target. :ph34r:

I just can't get past the db armor.  I put that stuff on for the first time, and was wondering where the whips, cuffs, and ball gags were.  I DLed a mod for it, but it was still super tight and just needed to be latex shiny to top things off. :bleeding:  The Nightingale armor is better, but looks like something Batman would throw on.

I currently roll with the regular thieves guild armor.  Normal leather stuff without red studded parts, etc.

Caliga

Just did that little dungeon crawl to get the dude who lives in Riverwood's claw back.  Neat. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points