News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I fast-traveled into this fort just as a Thalmor patrol was coming up. Of course, I appeared too close to sneak up on anyone. It was one of the forts that replenishes with baddies after you "clear" it. Normally, I'd sneak and snipe around the place an never fight more than a couple at a time, but there I was with six or seven bandits with orcish steel and a Thalmor troop charging up my ass. A bunch of running around and a gallon of potions later, I'd killed three of them but also gotten the attention of a few more. Then boom. An ancient dragon parachutes on my head. Fuck this. I pop the Sanguine Rose and drink the best invisibility draught I have and run like a little bitch.

I expected the dremora to get assraped, but no. The dragon turns against the Thalmor and only after the dragon and the dremora had killed everyone else did they finally fight each other. Then I just had to de-soul the dragon and claim the battlefield for myself. In honor of my victory, I heaped all of the corpses up in the middle of the bailey as a monument to awesome. Too bad the next time I go back it will have all reset.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Shade

no proof with no screenshots...  :P

grumbler

Sky Edit http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1317683-rel-skyedit-v002-alpha/ allows creation of esps and modifications of existing esps/esms before the CK is released.

It is a child of the old "Enchanted Editor" of Morrowind, if anyone cares.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

I think I finally got the 100% Chameleon of Skyrim. Maxed sneak skill with all perks plus a few enchants means that people cannot see me sneaking in front of them in broad daylight. :ph34r:

MadBurgerMaker

Grumbler (and everyone else playing), I don't know if you know about it already, but I rather like this particular mod, Smart Souls:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1300172-rel-smart-souls/

All it does is make souls go into the proper sized containers. So, you know, no petty souls in grand gems and so on.   It's only the SKSE dll, no readme or anything.  Just drop it in skyrim\data\ SKSE\plugins and you're good to go.

E: Wait.  Goddammit.  Skyrim patched and this version of Smart Souls is now incompatible with the latest version of both Skyrim and SKSE.   :rolleyes:  Well there it is for future reference.  I'm glad I haven't gone out wildly stealing souls since the patch.

ulmont

Re: Smart Souls, you don't need it.

1) Souls automatically go into the smallest gem that can hold them.
2) If you drop a gem with a soul that isn't the highest it can hold (say, common soul in greater gem), it clears the soul out of the gem.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: ulmont on December 22, 2011, 08:14:19 AM

2) If you drop a gem with a soul that isn't the highest it can hold (say, common soul in greater gem), it clears the soul out of the gem.

:hmm:  I know about 1, but if you drop them they clear?

Why is it that I can't find a goddamn mudcrab so I can throw his pathetic soul into a greater gem to test this before I go harvesting souls off of everything I see?  The irritating little punks are around when I'm not looking to test things, but are nowhere to be found right now in those pools outside of Whiterun.  :mad:

Ah ha!  There's one!  Sweet it works.  Thanks mang.  Smart souls is good for convenience, but now that I know I haven't broken the built in way to clear them with all these mods, I don't have to monitor what I gems I have while waiting for that dude to update it.

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on December 22, 2011, 08:14:19 AM

I did not know that.  Thanks for the tip.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Finished the main story. As usual in these games I played through the world and levelled until I started to get bored and then I did the main quest chain.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Finished everything (main questline and all the faction ones) a few days ago. Of course, by the end my guy was so OP that everything died in one hit. Even Alduin only took four arrows. :huh:

ulmont

Alduin is surprisingly less powerful than an ancient dragon.  He still took quite a few hits from me, even at max level, because I hadn't done a full enchant / alchemy / smithing loop.

C.C.R.

I like this game.  A lot.  But I'm probably off of it until the CS comes out & I can make my own house.  I like things set up my way...

In the meantime, though, my nine-year-old daughter Jocelyn is still having an absolute blast with this, which is Nice.  She'd been my copilot through Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas, so it's nice to see her step up & play on her own...

:ccr

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Bayraktar!