News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Seems kinda lame that there are apparently just dozens of dragons flying around waiting to be killed. Is there some in-game event explaining the sudden appearance of this dragon population? Are you trying to drive them into extinction?
Yuman

ulmont

MadImmortalMan

There is an explanation. Kinda spoiler-y though.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

JonasSalk

Ah, okay. I'll wait 'til I get the game, then. I'll probably get it in another week after finals are done.
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

One of the things I always thought was weird was:  why can my dude only wear one ring of powah?  :hmm:  No, you shouldn't be able to wear 10 of them, because that would be strange, but surely two (one per hand if the player is inclined to pull the camera back and look) isn't too wild and crazy for Tamriel?

Anyway, here's a thing that gives you unlimited rings:  http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1952 

Control yourself and limit it to two if you don't want it to be all "unrealistic" in your game about dragons and magic.  Also be sure to take off any rings your character has on before activating the mod. 

Oh and there's a sorting mod out, thank god:  http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2730  I haven't tried it yet, so don't get all mad at me if it erases your boot.ini or something, but it looks like the same type of thing from Fallout, so.....good.  It works.

DontSayBanana

Given that I've only got a Radeon HD4250 IGP in here, should I bother with the PC version, or should I stick to my plan to get the Xbox version?

CPU
2.0GHz dual-core
CPU
2.3GHz Athlon II P360
RAM
2GB
RAM
4.5GB
VIDEO
512MB
Pixel Shader 3.0
Vertex Shader 3.0
VIDEO
1.9GB
Pixel Shader 4.1
Vertex Shader 4.1
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

It depends how you do you feel about mods and not have any of them?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

New update.

QuotePatch 1.3 Notes:

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

JonasSalk

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs

The benefits of waiting! :D
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

Drakken

What does SKSE do, exactly, now that the bugs are reportedly "fixed"?

grumbler

Quote from: Drakken on December 08, 2011, 01:06:49 AM
Nothing, until the CS comes out.  It will allow modders to script functions that are not in the Skyrim exe.  An example of this in Oblivion was the added ability to refer in a script to any item that was currently equipped on a specific body part (the hands, or feet, or upper body, etc).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on December 08, 2011, 07:26:30 AM
Quote from: Drakken on December 08, 2011, 01:06:49 AM
Nothing, until the CS comes out.  It will allow modders to script functions that are not in the Skyrim exe.  An example of this in Oblivion was the added ability to refer in a script to any item that was currently equipped on a specific body part (the hands, or feet, or upper body, etc).

Nah there are mods that use it now.  I just updated container categorization that requires it to function.   I think I saw one that levels your weapons and items with you too.  I'm looking for that one again.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 08, 2011, 04:53:48 PM
Nah there are mods that use it now.  I just updated container categorization that requires it to function.   I think I saw one that levels your weapons and items with you too.  I'm looking for that one again.
I hadn't seen that people figured out how to use the TESCS and GECK to make .esp mods for this game.  Cool beans.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on December 08, 2011, 05:40:19 PM
I hadn't seen that people figured out how to use the TESCS and GECK to make .esp mods for this game.  Cool beans.

They're using something called TESSnip and editing hex values and such, I think.  I guess the GECK such are part of that/TESSnip is part of them?   I really have no idea what is going on with all that, but I'll be damned if there aren't a surprising amount of mods that do a surprising amount of shit even without the CS.