News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2011, 11:31:58 PM
I think the last couple posts were about Oblivion not Skyrim.

Anything mentioning dragons is about Skyrim. 

Re: Waiting for patches:  There have been three now, two real ones and some sort of security thing that just pissed everyone off.  Supposedly, the second real one is breaking everything, but aside from resistances (which I didn't check, but just immediately used a mod to fix), I have had no problems with it at all. vOv  I had to disable one of my mods (an awesome smithing thing where you can melt down swords and shit) to get it to run, but I'm not going to hold that against Bethesda, or anyone, really.  It's just a mod not working with a new patch.  I saw something about a dude whining about the patch not working with his 2gb of mods, and....well...that's just silly.

Now I just have to figure out why I ran all the way to Rorikstead.  It was on my map but greyed out, so I went there, but I can't find a corresponding quest now.

Edit:  Although I will say somethings up with the mace I carry around.  I'm hitting people with it, and when it kills them, they're flying 20-30 feet, like if I hit them with a lightning bolt.  It still collects their souls and all, but it makes looting terribly inconvenient. 

grumbler

Quote from: Drakken on December 01, 2011, 11:59:59 PM
A little bit complicated? It seems nightmarishly complicated. Wrye Bash doesn't even work, I get the damn "invalid syntax" issue and I can't find no up-to-date info on what to do, except update python.

If I get Wrye Bash to work, though, I'll probably handle myself.
Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/oblivionworks/  It makes wrye bash installation easy... At least, it did for me.  It's been a while, though, so shout if it doesn't work.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JonasSalk

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 02, 2011, 10:23:10 PM
More and more glad I'm waiting for patches....

I know. See Valmy's post; the game still needs work, so I'm glad I'm waiting.
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 04, 2011, 12:08:58 AM

That's Valmy you're talking to. :unsure:

11B4V

Quote from: Josephus on November 21, 2011, 05:48:25 PM
So I'm thinking of maybe getting this for PS3. Now I've read that

the PlayStation 3 version has slowdown, frame rate, and crashing issues when save files start to reach 6 MB

they are releasing an update, but my PS3 isn't connected. Wonder how much of a problem this is. How soon does one reach a 6MB save file I wonder?

Havent noticed anything on XBox 360.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: Octavian on December 02, 2011, 05:16:21 AM
Anyway i've managed to install Deadly Reflex 6. Will probably look into some graphics mods etc. next.
What do you think of DR?  I found it too button-mashing-intensive, though the effects were cool.  I ended up deleting it, but am not sure I played it long enough to give it a fair shot.

Open Cities is a nice mod.  You'll need to download the compatibility mods, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

ulmont

Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2011, 11:16:01 AM
Quote from: Josephus on November 21, 2011, 05:48:25 PM
So I'm thinking of maybe getting this for PS3. Now I've read that

the PlayStation 3 version has slowdown, frame rate, and crashing issues when save files start to reach 6 MB

they are releasing an update, but my PS3 isn't connected. Wonder how much of a problem this is. How soon does one reach a 6MB save file I wonder?

Havent noticed anything on XBox 360.

QuoteThe issue isn't immediately evident on booting the game, but just 30 minutes of play on this 65 hour save is all we need to kick-start the stuttering
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ps3-skyrim-lag

Octavian

Quote from: grumbler on December 04, 2011, 11:47:33 AM
Quote from: Octavian on December 02, 2011, 05:16:21 AM
Anyway i've managed to install Deadly Reflex 6. Will probably look into some graphics mods etc. next.
What do you think of DR?  I found it too button-mashing-intensive, though the effects were cool.  I ended up deleting it, but am not sure I played it long enough to give it a fair shot.

Open Cities is a nice mod.  You'll need to download the compatibility mods, though.

I like as it makes the combat more interesting and hard. Combat is my main interest and having options when fighting like bashing, using timed blocks, kicks and dodging is the reason I've started playing Oblivion instead of Skyrim.

Besides that I have a better landscape mod, better textures mod, better cities and some minor overhaul mod called adventures mod or something like that. I tried the warcry german mod but couldn't get it to work with DR. Besides the mod adds alot of creatures like angels etc. which i'm not interested in. FCOM seemed to hard to install. Having already spent several days with the other mods already i simply cant bother with that. So far I'm satisfied and have started a character - an imperial of course.

With the mod I have to say it's become a much more beautiful game with better gameplay (read combat) compared to the XBOX version I bought and quickly shelved last fall.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

JonasSalk

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 04, 2011, 12:47:18 AM

That's Valmy you're talking to. :unsure:

Blah, I got you and his posts mixed up. I meant yours.
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 04, 2011, 05:56:37 PM

Ah okay.  I'm not having problems with it or anything.  It runs fine (I've had two CTDs since I've gotten it) and all that.  I'm just looking forward to the construction kit so the whole flood of mods and such can begin.

And also so I can build my dude an evil fortress out in the woods.  :P

But yeah, don't worry about the patches that Bethesda shits out.  If you're going to wait for anything, wait for the construction kit and all the fan made stuff, which probably won't take nearly as long as a bunch of Bethesda patches.  I read somewhere they're going to be including Steamworks with the kit.  What does that mean?  Will mods go through Steam and automatically update and all that?  Because that might be kinda cool. 

Valmy

Um it is a Bethesda Elder Scroll's game.  You really did not need to wait for release to know it was going to need work.  There is a reason I am only playing Oblivion NOW and played Morrowind 2 years after release.

See I bought Daggerfall at release.  Whoops.

But waiting a few months is not going to make a huge difference.  Oblivion is STILL riddled with bugs but at least now I check the web and know what the bugs are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

So...yay?

One to play with an xbox pad right?
██████
██████
██████

JonasSalk

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 04, 2011, 06:11:30 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on December 04, 2011, 05:56:37 PM

Ah okay.  I'm not having problems with it or anything.  It runs fine (I've had two CTDs since I've gotten it) and all that.  I'm just looking forward to the construction kit so the whole flood of mods and such can begin.

And also so I can build my dude an evil fortress out in the woods.  :P

But yeah, don't worry about the patches that Bethesda shits out.  If you're going to wait for anything, wait for the construction kit and all the fan made stuff, which probably won't take nearly as long as a bunch of Bethesda patches.  I read somewhere they're going to be including Steamworks with the kit.  What does that mean?  Will mods go through Steam and automatically update and all that?  Because that might be kinda cool.

I just meant the stuff about the patches, mostly.  Plus the game seems to be wonky right now with backwards-flying dragons and maces that make things fly 20-30 feet. I'd prefer to wait another few weeks for a price decrease and another patch
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 04, 2011, 07:58:33 PM
I just meant the stuff about the patches, mostly.  Plus the game seems to be wonky right now with backwards-flying dragons and maces that make things fly 20-30 feet. I'd prefer to wait another few weeks for a price decrease and another patch

Fair enough.  :)

The flying bodies thing doesn't seem to be limited to just the mace, but it does seem to be more...pronounced.  I busted out a pimped out leveled sword and it sends people flying too, as does the ebony war axe I looted off some dude, but not as much as that mace.  That was awesome at first "Hahaha YEAH BITCH" but then it got old trying to chase bodies down. 

I wonder if warhammers are the same way.  Shit, those might really blast people away, not just send them halfway across the room (or off that nearby cliff, dammit).

Edit:  I suppose this could be mod related, since noone else seems to be having this issue, but none of the ones I'm still using should have changed anything at all with the way weapons act.

Monoriu

I've been using a 2-h warhammer.  I don't recall sending anybody flying.  Not even once.