And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Brain on November 27, 2011, 10:50:15 AM
I want to be a faceless thief.

Then you shouldn't be joining a guild in the first place.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Drakken

The patch is out, but borken. Don't use it until Bethseda fixes its mess.

Aside of this, I've bought Oblivion and its Expansion+DLCs at a cheap price. Which mod overhauls for a better experience? I'm tempted to try Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but if there's an even more complete ovehaul mod I'm open.

Josephus

God, these guys sound worse than Paradox.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Drakken on November 30, 2011, 05:03:47 PM
Aside of this, I've bought Oblivion and its Expansion+DLCs at a cheap price. Which mod overhauls for a better experience? I'm tempted to try Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but if there's an even more complete ovehaul mod I'm open.

It is a little bit complicated, but FCOM (Franceso's, WarCry, Oscuro's, and Martigen's) overhaul is the bomb.  It combines all those mods together for a pretty much completely different game.  Gets rid of the game leveling issue - you will run or die in some of the dungeons early on, and need to choose majors skills amd favored attributes carefully.  Plus lots and lots of new weapons, armor, enemies, and animations.  Use Kobu's Character Advancement System http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1888 for character leveling and whatnot - ignore the warnings that it might not work with new patches.  I'm still playing the game regularly with it installed.

An alternative to FCOM is apparently the new Oblivion Warcry New Dimensions (http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34673 and http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39202).  I haven't tried it myself, but it gets good press, and is certainly easier to install.  I'm going to use it for my next game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

The dragons are really annoying. You're merrily adventuring away and then FLAP FLAP FLAP oh noes random dragon. Hmmm... flying ranged monster versus non-flying melee PC? Hilarious fights. Why not keep dragon fights to important plot milestones and shit?

I'm considering dropping the game.  <_<
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Shade

I would take it for you..... even give you a good price!

The Brain

I don't know if it'd be worth it for me. Maybe you'll pirate it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Shade

Quote from: The Brain on December 01, 2011, 02:55:27 PM
I don't know if it'd be worth it for me. Maybe you'll pirate it.

HMMM... well seeing as how I do not even know what a graphics card looks like, let alone being able to install one. I think you are safe with me! Plus I will pay in cash! (and not store credit) 

MadBurgerMaker

Patch works okay for me so far (resistances fixed with SKSE). 

Bethesda need to stop fucking around with the patches and release the construction kit so the modders can fix everything better than they ever could.

Drakken

Quote from: grumbler on November 30, 2011, 06:03:08 PM

It is a little bit complicated, but FCOM (Franceso's, WarCry, Oscuro's, and Martigen's) overhaul is the bomb.  It combines all those mods together for a pretty much completely different game.  Gets rid of the game leveling issue - you will run or die in some of the dungeons early on, and need to choose majors skills amd favored attributes carefully.  Plus lots and lots of new weapons, armor, enemies, and animations.  Use Kobu's Character Advancement System http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1888 for character leveling and whatnot - ignore the warnings that it might not work with new patches.  I'm still playing the game regularly with it installed.

A little bit complicated? It seems nightmarishly complicated. Wrye Bash doesn't even work, I get the damn "invalid syntax" issue and I can't find no up-to-date info on what to do, except update python.

If I get Wrye Bash to work, though, I'll probably handle myself.

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on December 01, 2011, 01:06:47 PM
The dragons are really annoying. You're merrily adventuring away and then FLAP FLAP FLAP oh noes random dragon. Hmmm... flying ranged monster versus non-flying melee PC? Hilarious fights. Why not keep dragon fights to important plot milestones and shit?

I'm considering dropping the game.  <_<

They are green dragons, actually easy to kill if you know what you are doing. Unrelenting Force shout will stun them enough to allow for some easy hits.

Octavian

Quote from: Drakken on December 01, 2011, 11:59:59 PM

A little bit complicated? It seems nightmarishly complicated. Wrye Bash doesn't even work, I get the damn "invalid syntax" issue and I can't find no up-to-date info on what to do, except update python.

Yeah my head exploded reading the instructions :)

Anyway i've managed to install Deadly Reflex 6. Will probably look into some graphics mods etc. next.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Solmyr

Quote from: Drakken on December 01, 2011, 11:59:59 PM

I only used MMM and Kobu's advancement system as my major mods. MMM does away with some of the leveled mobs on its own.

JonasSalk

More and more glad I'm waiting for patches....
Yuman

Valmy

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 02, 2011, 10:23:10 PM
More and more glad I'm waiting for patches....

I think the last couple posts were about Oblivion not Skyrim.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."