News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

'Cause my current PC probably can't handle this. I been meaning to upgrade, but am also thinking about keeping it until it dies.
I have a PS3 that like MBM I only use for sports games and other such games. Been thinking about branching out, and this one sounded interesting. But I think I'll leave it alone...that's why I asked.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: fahdiz on November 21, 2011, 08:43:56 PM
Yes, it's unusual to find computer setups with 40" + monitors and surrounded by couches or what-have-you.
I've played PC versions of the games on my 72" HD projection screen, but always went back to the monitor.  Larger is too much for me.

But that does answer the question.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

fhdz

Quote from: grumbler on November 21, 2011, 10:53:03 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on November 21, 2011, 08:43:56 PM
Yes, it's unusual to find computer setups with 40" + monitors and surrounded by couches or what-have-you.
I've played PC versions of the games on my 72" HD projection screen, but always went back to the monitor.  Larger is too much for me.

But that does answer the question.

I like both experiences, really, although I have to say I haven't found much time for gaming in the last couple of years.
and the horse you rode in on

grumbler

Quote from: JonasSalk on November 21, 2011, 10:44:38 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you can't fight mounted in this game, can you?  Why is it that only tiny bullshit developers want to make mounted combat games?

I am thinking lots of effort for zero returns.  Since this is a favorite and repeated whine of yours, what do you think?  Personal animosity against you personally?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: fahdiz on November 21, 2011, 10:55:14 PM
I like both experiences, really, although I have to say I haven't found much time for gaming in the last couple of years.

K. :thumbsup:

Bayraktar!

Drakken

I'm having a blast with this game, and I am still only level 6.

I love how using "The Shout" sounds like using a weirding module straight from David Lynch's Dune. And I like the fact that you need Skill prerequisites to buy further Perks. Want them, use them.

All it needs is a Hardcore/Realism mod and further quests overhauls to make even more gargantuous, and I'll be happy.

Octavian

So how many companions and horses have you lost and what's your level? I'm level 13 and have lost one companion to an ice troll and a dog to a bandit. Both were avenged. Have had one horse run away from me (or I couldn't find it) after I had fought a dragon. Another horse died after falling from a cliff.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Glad I'm waiting on this one :)
By the time I buy it, Bethesda will have abandonned support and moved on something else, so this crap won't be a problem.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

I'm currently level 29 playing a fighter-thief who has become a master with a bow.  I've steered clear of magic completely other than Restoration.  I've not taken the main quest yet (need to go to the Greybeards) but have been filling my time with Companions, Thiefs Guild, and various other guests around the map.  Have yet to go to every Hold also.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Octavian on November 22, 2011, 05:28:03 AM
So how many companions and horses have you lost and what's your level? I'm level 13 and have lost one companion to an ice troll and a dog to a bandit. Both were avenged. Have had one horse run away from me (or I couldn't find it) after I had fought a dragon. Another horse died after falling from a cliff.

I lost no companions. I generally tell them to wait out front when I enter a dungeon. Horses, I've lost. But they are all ones I've swiped from Stormcloak or Imperial camps so meh. I don't really like using horses.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I'm level 14 and have yet to hire a companion or buy a horse.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2011, 12:10:00 PM
I'm level 14 and have yet to hire a companion or buy a horse.  :blush:

I really dislike the horses.  Having to jump off to fight some shit every minute or so (while the horse gets in the way trying to fight too), leaving your companions behind in the dust, etc.  I bought one, got frustrated with it, killed it with the console, looted the corpse, and gave myself the money back. 

Edit:  Not being able to look around without turning the horse while I was moving was pissing me off too.  He made some nice sword grips or armor or something though, I guess.

JonasSalk

Quote from: grumbler on November 21, 2011, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on November 21, 2011, 10:44:38 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you can't fight mounted in this game, can you?  Why is it that only tiny bullshit developers want to make mounted combat games?

I am thinking lots of effort for zero returns.  Since this is a favorite and repeated whine of yours, what do you think?  Personal animosity against you personally?

Ohh, burn. You got me, Grumbletard.
Yuman

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers