News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Syt

For thse who preferred Daggerfall (which is free these days), there's a graphical enhancement available:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/18/mods-and-ends-daggerfall-the-xl-engine/

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

C.C.R.

I like this game.  No time to elaborate.  Must...go...back...

:ccr

Josephus

Are you guys all playing this on PC? Anyone try the platform version?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Rex Francorum

I am playing it on PC... (don't have consoles).
To rent

HVC

So i did the Diplomatic immunity quest. I had a lydia as companion when i accepted the mission, but she got booted because it's a solo mission. Problemis, i can't find her anymore. she's not in the hall where she normally waits. Now i'm stuck with the stupid archer guy from the first village.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Interesting bit about increasing the game's looks, orimarily the bit about forcing the game to render more gameworld grids, i.e. increasing the detail level a lot further out (e.g. if you leave Whiterun and look at the farms from he guard towers, the mills will be simplified meshes with smaller textures. With this setting you'll see all the detail, including the wings of the windmill turning from quite afar).

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/16/skyrim-i-want-more-pretties/

These tweaks don't bog down my game's performance if I got the 11 or 9 grids settings, but it makes the game crashy as hell, e.g. when I go from Whiterun to Riverwood and come up to the big waterfall.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2011, 07:01:33 AM
With this setting you'll see all the detail, including the wings of the windmill turning from quite afar).

:mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 20, 2011, 07:53:44 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2011, 07:01:33 AM
With this setting you'll see all the detail, including the wings of the windmill turning from quite afar).

:mad:

I included this just for you. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

This thread has more about the uGridsToLoad setting:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1274926-ugridstoload-skyrimini-comparisons-and-explanation-default-57911/

So far it feels somewhat stable with 11 for me, following the thread's suggestions, but I reserve judgment.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on November 19, 2011, 10:35:10 AM
Are you guys all playing this on PC? Anyone try the platform version?

Due to PC limitations, I'm going to be trying it on XB360.  Haven't gotten around to picking it up yet, though.
Experience bij!

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on November 20, 2011, 03:08:18 AM
So i did the Diplomatic immunity quest. I had a lydia as companion when i accepted the mission, but she got booted because it's a solo mission. Problemis, i can't find her anymore. she's not in the hall where she normally waits. Now i'm stuck with the stupid archer guy from the first village.

I lost her for a bit too.  Just run around solo for a while and she will reappear.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2011, 09:35:18 AM
This thread has more about the uGridsToLoad setting:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1274926-ugridstoload-skyrimini-comparisons-and-explanation-default-57911/

So far it feels somewhat stable with 11 for me, following the thread's suggestions, but I reserve judgment.

Crashed badly and gave all kinds of glitches when I wanted to go to Windhelm. I've reverted all changes to the .ini files for now. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

C.C.R.

They need to hurry up & release the Creation Kit so I can make my Pabst brewery...

<_<

The Brain

My thieves' guild contact person is having technical difficulties. :zzz
Women want me. Men want to be with me.