News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

I've been playing as a Dark Elf, but elves are kinda lame, so I am thinking of switching. Plus wrath of the ancients doesn't seem likely to scale very well (or, you know, at all) as I level.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

ulmont

Quote from: Kleves on November 17, 2011, 10:44:12 PM
I've been playing as a Dark Elf, but elves are kinda lame, so I am thinking of switching. Plus wrath of the ancients doesn't seem likely to scale very well (or, you know, at all) as I level.

If you're on PC, "~" to open the console then "showracemenu" to reset.  Save first as it may screw something else up.

Frankly, though, I haven't actually used my Breton active power (as opposed to the passive magic resistance) once yet.

viper37

I tought of playing a quick game of Oblivion, just to see how it looked.  I've been using the last 3hrs to download and install various mods, and I'm not finished.  I feel like I have installed more content thant what I downloaded from Steam...  Fuck it.  Will have to wait.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadBurgerMaker

Here's a full respec you can do after changing your race, although that might reset everything anyway, so just skip down to the adv skill part to get yourself to equivalent levels in stuff you want:

QuoteIt's time consuming but...

player.setlevel 1

This will revert you back to level 1 with all base skills (adjusted for racial bonuses). You will keep your perks, so do:

player.removeperk [id] (this will only remove one level, so if it's a multiple level perk, do it multiple times, and always remove the top perk you've taken in the tree first)

To find out a perk's ID, use 'help "perk name" 4'.

Once you've removed all of your perks, use:

player.advskill [skill] #

Skill is the name shown in your skill window (without spaces, if applicable) except for Archery, which is marksman, and Speech, which is speechcraft. # doesn't refer to skill levels, but uses. So something like player.advskill lightarmor 50 means either 50 hits or 50 damage taken. With pickpocket, it means gold stolen. With alchemy, it means gold in crafted potions. You get the idea.

Use that command until your new skills are at a desirable level. Once that's done, you can level up normally.

e: This is a full respec, of course. If you just want to re-assign perks, use player.removeperk [id] and player.addperk [id]. And I'm sure there's a command to change the amount of available perk points.

Edit:  There's also this: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=499

Resets everything.  Then you can go in, change your dude, and advance what you want.  Easier than the completely manual way

Kleves

Thanks guys... but I got it on seXbox.  :Embarrass:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Kleves on November 18, 2011, 01:05:05 AM

:bash:

How is the menu system with the Xbox controller?  It seems like it would actually be pretty good (it sucks with the mouse).

Crazy_Ivan80

Sicne I don't know how the game plays out yet I'd wager that wether or not Skyrim secedes is ultimately irrelevant. Assuming the dragonborn survives the side he's on whill probably march on to become the empire. That's what the legends of Alessia (concordate with Akatosh) and the rise of Talos/Tiber Septim seem to imply.

Syt

I re-visited a cairn because I forgot to pick up the word of power there.

When I came out of the cairn again (5:30 am, i.e. dawn) all the wildlife in the vicinity had turned hostile, and I found myself attacked by several deer. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2011, 01:20:12 AM
Quote from: Kleves on November 18, 2011, 01:05:05 AM

:bash:

How is the menu system with the Xbox controller?  It seems like it would actually be pretty good (it sucks with the mouse).

I tried XBox controller on the PC. Menues work perfectly. But the movement controls are soggy and imprecise.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Octavian

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2011, 02:53:22 PM
Quote from: Octavian on November 17, 2011, 07:26:12 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on November 16, 2011, 09:37:15 AM
Yeah I cant decide who to support either, I've kerry'ed it a few times.  Also playing a heavy armor two handed weapon guy, but stockpiling one handed weapons and shields for future use. 

Also really good with a bow.

Playing an imperial heavy armor dual swords guy with a shield for back up. Don't use magic much. I've decided to support the empire.

Reading a bit of the backstory I think I will end up doing this as well.  The new Aldmeri Dominion seems set on destroying humanity and they were only temporarily stopped by letting Elves hunt down all the Talos worshipers..  Not that fake political context should effect on how you play a game but the Nords breaking away just seems like it would end very badly with that sort of threat...I mean as if the Dragons were not bad enough.

Well I joined the Empire/Legion because they are Romans more or less and I'm a Romatard :) Didn't really know the back story.

Incidentally Legate Rikke is voiced by "Susan Ivanova" from Babylon 5.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Kleves

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2011, 01:20:12 AM
Pretty well, actually. Assuming the PC interface is the same, it seems like they made with counsels in mind - the menu can be entirely navigated using the D-Pad.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Kleves on November 18, 2011, 09:56:46 AM
Pretty well, actually. Assuming the PC interface is the same, it seems like they made with counsels in mind - the menu can be entirely navigated using the D-Pad.

Yeah, I've quickly learned to use WASD to move around the inventory, conversations, level up stuff, etc.  It works nicely like that, with none of the weird problems that happen when you're using the mouse (for example, after looking through the stuff a vendor has, if you want to talk about something else, it won't necessarily register where the pointer was when you clicked, and instead just takes you back into the shop).

The Brain

Why is it that computer games always have windmills that don't have their sails attached but are somehow still spinning? You spend hours designing a windmill model but you never think about how a windmill works? :bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Brain on November 18, 2011, 05:12:23 PM
Why is it that computer games always have windmills that don't have their sails attached but are somehow still spinning? You spend hours designing a windmill model but you never think about how a windmill works? :bleeding:

Meh, you have waterwheels spinning the wrong way as well.  :homestar:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.