And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: PRC on November 16, 2011, 12:47:59 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2011, 07:17:57 AM
I still haven't left the vicinity of Whiterun, I have noticed that all dungeons so far have been very linear, with the larger ones having an exit point conveniently located near the end of it. They're fun, but they aren't exactly exploratory experiences except for the occasional brief branching off to some extra treasure.

There are some quests that take you to some very cool locales and i'm really digging them.  Plenty of the dungeons are as you say but there have been a few i've been on, and I don't want to give any spoilers for, but they made me think, wow that was cool.

Don't get me wrong, this is a rather minor complaint in a great game. It just strikes me a bit ironic that in a game wher very strong emphasis is given to player freedom within the gaming world, but the when you enter a dungeon you're on rails. Mind you, the dungeons I've been in so far were nicely crafted, varied and generally cool, but basically had you going from point a to point b with little variation on the path.

Speaking of dungeons, my funniest moment so far in a dungeon yesterday. I was pursuing a thief in a dungeon and finally caught up and was supposed to fight him. Suddenly a click, a spiked wall appears before my face and the thief is hurled through the room and is dead. I accidentally triggered a trap that killed him and barely avoided getting smashed myself. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2011, 01:00:15 PM
Speaking of dungeons, my funniest moment so far in a dungeon yesterday. I was pursuing a thief in a dungeon and finally caught up and was supposed to fight him. Suddenly a click, a spiked wall appears before my face and the thief is hurled through the room and is dead. I accidentally triggered a trap that killed him and barely avoided getting smashed myself. :lol:

Yeah, that is a fun one.  I liked the minor puzzle solving in it as well.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2011, 01:00:15 PM

I did that quest.  I didn't see the thief activate the trap and get smashed into a wall, because I was fighting undead.  So I ran past the body without seeing it and (avoiding the trap) spent many minutes searching for the thief further into the crypt.  I had given up, and was on my way out, when I spotted the body.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pedrito

Quote from: Lndhand on November 16, 2011, 09:50:52 AM
I am really enjoying this game thus far, but equiping spells is driving me absolutely crazy.  It really breaks up combat.  I guess there is no way to hot key various spells?
Lndhand, you should post more. I love your avatar.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Lndhand

Quote from: Pedrito on November 16, 2011, 05:47:30 PM
Quote from: Lndhand on November 16, 2011, 09:50:52 AM
I am really enjoying this game thus far, but equiping spells is driving me absolutely crazy.  It really breaks up combat.  I guess there is no way to hot key various spells?
Lndhand, you should post more. I love your avatar.

L.

:lol:

Thanks guys for the tips on hot keying.  Much appreciated. 
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Lettow77

Completed the line of quests in service of the Stormcloaks. Secession, miu! Now the empire is just the central province + High Rock. Naturally, I long to liberate the psuedocelt french from the foul oppressors.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadBurgerMaker

Anyone know when the construction kit is supposed to be released?  I want to make myself a shack out in the sticks where I can stash things without having to do quests or whatever for anyone. 

Or...you know....a castle.   :P  Just because.

Edit: Oh and this is nice:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449357&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post397673342

If you can't see it without registering:

Quote from: gibbedI found a better way to patch the container interface that doesn't break take all and theft.

Patch offset 0x0059F435 in TESV.exe from 75 20 to 90 90 and it will categorize containers.

Alternatively you can use my patcher:
http://mod.gib.me/skyrim/ContainerC...esPatcherV2.exe

If you patched with my previous instructions, simply undo that first (or run my patcher and it will prompt to remove the old patch).

This patch is appropriate for TESV.exe with an md5sum of 540e684cb63b0218ec865c7791649734 (1.1.21.0).

Quote from: some guySomebody define "categorize containers" ?

Quote from: gibbedThings like wardrobes, chests, etc, don't have categories, it'll show a single one with the container's name with every item in it in one list. This patch adds the categories (weapons, apparel, misc, etc) to containers.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 16, 2011, 08:52:53 PM
Anyone know when the construction kit is supposed to be released?  I want to make myself a shack out in the sticks where I can stash things without having to do quests or whatever for anyone. 

Or...you know....a castle.   :P  Just because.

They're still working on it.  I suspect that the documentation proved more difficult than they anticipated.  "Soon" is the last I have heard.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 16, 2011, 07:51:20 PM
Completed the line of quests in service of the Stormcloaks. Secession, miu! Now the empire is just the central province + High Rock. Naturally, I long to liberate the psuedocelt french from the foul oppressors.

I figured you would feel that way.  The Empire is anti-slavery after all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Lettow77

I was peeved you couldn't help the Forsaken throw out the foul oppressors from the Reach. I think it's a real shame/ oversight that you have no capacity at all to side with those folks or meaningfully interact with them.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

ulmont

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 16, 2011, 11:10:35 PM
I was peeved you couldn't help the Forsaken throw out the foul oppressors from the Reach. I think it's a real shame/ oversight that you have no capacity at all to side with those folks or meaningfully interact with them.

I would have been more upset over the inability to aid the Forsworn if they, you know, hadn't attacked me like assholes every time I saw them.  Fuck those guys.

JonasSalk

I know it's only a week after...but any word of a patch?
Yuman

JonasSalk

Nevermind:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/326186/skyrim-patch-inbound-for-all-platforms/

A patch addressing issues for all versions of RPG stunner Skyrim is coming soon, publisher Bethesda has confirmed.
Yuman

Octavian

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 16, 2011, 09:37:15 AM
Yeah I cant decide who to support either, I've kerry'ed it a few times.  Also playing a heavy armor two handed weapon guy, but stockpiling one handed weapons and shields for future use. 

Also really good with a bow.

Playing an imperial heavy armor dual swords guy with a shield for back up. Don't use magic much. I've decided to support the empire.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Solmyr

How is stealth faring in this game? My standard Elder Scrolls character is a khajiit rogue-type (with illusion magic), would you say it's a good first choice for Skyrim?