Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: JonasSalk on November 13, 2011, 11:01:03 PM
Quote from: ulmont on November 12, 2011, 09:14:18 PM
Nah, it really is a good game, Jonas.

Although I do keep getting my ass handed to me by two-handed wielding enemies, after my first companion got eaten by a dragon.

It'll be an even nicer game in a month.

1. I will be done with school for the semester and it won't distract me from my papers and finals.
2. It'll be $20 cheaper.
3. It might have a nice patch.

I suspect you'll have to wait for more than a month before the price goes down $20.

Your other points are very valid however.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Octavian

This is my first serious attempt with a fantasy rpg and I'm really enjoying it. The battle with the first dragon was glorious. Filled with adrenaline I took on some bandits but had to valiantly flee from a dude with a big ax.

I agree with the interface comments others have made but still give it a 10/10.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

PRC

I've run into two random dragons and was able to kill them both relatively easily. 

The first one just dropped out of the sky on to me before I even really knew it was around.  It was a tough fight and if it wasn't for a generous stock of potions it would've taken my warrior-thief out. 

The second dragon was a cake walk mainly because of a particular mace I happened to find in the West.  I saw him chasing after Horkers and when he landed I was able to charge in and take him out.

grumbler

I pretty much abandoned all weapons other than a 2H steel axe pretty early on.  I get hit a lot in battle, but can also, at level 9, one-hit-kill bandits, wolves, and lots of other nasties.  Have to have archery to deal with critters that don't attack, though, because 2H axes have no range and you can't run very well with one out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

i like dual weild spells. flinging bodies across the room is fun. less fun when you through them off a cliff so you can't loot them. Got a back up enchanted greatsword for when magicka is low.

also, flaming companion thing rules.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

I like setting a rune with two hands, using a bow attack or two then sneaking away while they come to the rune then summoning the flame thing.

This magic system is great fun.

edit:  has anyone found a use for all the linen lying around or is it just vendor trash?

Tamas

So how do I get around learning non-novice spells again?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on November 14, 2011, 04:31:25 PM
So how do I get around learning non-novice spells again?

Books which are either found or purchased.

But I heard the pirated copy doesnt allow that so I guess you are screwed.

MadImmortalMan

Is the spell creation engine gone now?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Lettow77

Level 9? eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh?

level 21 masterrace reporting in
MASTERY OF ALCHEMY means reaching for a healing potion and realizing all you have is 38 potions of resist frost
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadImmortalMan

Also I was pleasantly surprised last night going through a cave full of draughr and skeletons. I was throwing fire at them and whoosh! The floor was covered in oil. Nice.

Now if they only put in the skeleton screams from Daggerfall...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Ya, i killed myself by setting one of those slicks on fire while fighting an undead.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2011, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: JonasSalk on November 13, 2011, 11:01:03 PM
Quote from: ulmont on November 12, 2011, 09:14:18 PM
Nah, it really is a good game, Jonas.

Although I do keep getting my ass handed to me by two-handed wielding enemies, after my first companion got eaten by a dragon.

It'll be an even nicer game in a month.

1. I will be done with school for the semester and it won't distract me from my papers and finals.
2. It'll be $20 cheaper.
3. It might have a nice patch.

I suspect you'll have to wait for more than a month before the price goes down $20.

Your other points are very valid however.

There is a decent chance it will go on sale during the Steam Christmas sale; not too sure about a 33% off on though.

Alcibiades

Was using the two handed axes for a long time, but did the red eagles sword or what ever quest and have a bad ass two handed sword that gives flame damage in addition to the hits.  Kills as well if not better than my 30 damage axes, loving it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

JonasSalk

Please don't tell me they're doing that bullshit where everything levels with you and even though you've got glass everything and a dwarven rape-axe a little wolf is insanely difficult to kill.
Yuman