News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Considering that GTA5 was still in Steam's Top 10 based on revenue in 2020 ....

And it still pops up on Steam sales charts, like two weeks ago: https://steamdb.info/topsellers/2021W31/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on August 27, 2021, 03:38:35 AM
Skyrim is 10 years old. Who's gonna buy that edition, seriously.

Are they even working on the next one?

Skyrim SE is 5 years old.  The AE is aimed at a handful of console users that couldn't get the game before.  Mostly, though, it is probably just an advertising gimmick, keeping Bethesda in the news.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Nice little gem in this news article :D
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-will-be-exclusive-to-pc-and-xbox

QuoteGQ also tried to get a little more info on TES6 from Bethesda director Todd Howard. He doesn't say much other than, "We've been designing", and that they're trying to make it a "decade game". I'm pretty sure they already know how to do that though, you just release as many new editions as you possibly can with a handful of improvements and additions every few years, right? Right?
[/b]

I LOLed :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Elderscrolls 6 will be exclusive to PC and Xbox? After Microsoft bought Zenimax (and thus Bethesda)? Not the most surprising statement ever.

Josephus

I'll be close to 60 when Elder Scrolls VI comes out.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on November 18, 2021, 07:15:02 AM
we'll all be close to 60 :(  Except Grey Fox.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on November 18, 2021, 07:15:02 AM

Some of us won't be as close to sixty then as we are now.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

If you are interested in playing Skyrim SE with mods, avoid updating to AE.  It doesn't work with tons of mods, because it was recompiled using a version of Windows VS that is completely different than the one used in the CK, and thus the mods.  There's a version of SKSE that works, but most of my mods are borked.  It's a lot easier to keep it from happening than to roll back to fix it.

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on January 29, 2022, 03:49:31 PM
If you are interested in playing Skyrim SE with mods, avoid updating to AE.  It doesn't work with tons of mods, because it was recompiled using a version of Windows VS that is completely different than the one used in the CK, and thus the mods.  There's a version of SKSE that works, but most of my mods are borked.  It's a lot easier to keep it from happening than to roll back to fix it.

Yeah for sure. I followed the steps here and have not updated.

Syt

Very nice looking modded Skyrim, using the Elysium modlist (can be installed via Wabbajack, link in video):

Video about what it contains and changes for those interested:

—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Jacob

As it happens, I'm just in the process of rebuilding my SE modlist after a few months hiatus. Here's hoping I get somewhere solid for a long playthrough....

Maybe this time I'll make it past level 17. I have about 1,600 hours and so far that's my highest level. Of course, I usually play with reduced xp and all kinds of impediments... but one of these days I should play the story past going to visit the Greybeards for the first time.

Syt

Weird question, but has anyone tried to remake Oblivion in the Morrowind engine? Or Skyrim in Oblivion or Morrowind?  :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould