News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on November 01, 2016, 11:20:38 PM
So far, it seems to have had an effect on many mods.  Most mod makers have moved on to Fallout 4, but the engines are now pretty similar.

I don't see any significant new mods or upgrades to mods.  Mostly seems to be tweaks to make them playable in 64 bit or on consoles.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I really shouldn't have finally started skyrim a few months back :(
██████
██████
██████

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

It has been too long since we have a Bethesda medieval sandbox RPG.  Fallout 4 doesn't cut it for me. 

MadBurgerMaker

I started playing this again.  Great game. 

viper37

SKSE 64 is out, in alpha... it's coming!

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on September 29, 2017, 10:45:38 PM

At last.  I went through the ordeal of reinstalling, modding and balancing the original game but I find it's so unstable.  I don't recall it being this unstable the last time I played 2 years ago.  I can't go on for very long without hitting the 3.1G Ram wall and then I CTD.  I've got less than 200 mods installed compared to close to 300  back then.  Perhaps I was a little too enthusiastic with the textures and chose 2k over 1k too many time?  As soon as I hear Gopher sanction it I'll reinstall SE and hopefully I'll be able to roam Skyrim without having to look down at the road for fear of triggering a CTD with too many LODs trying to load at once.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on October 05, 2017, 07:47:24 AM
Quote from: viper37 on September 29, 2017, 10:45:38 PM

At last.  I went through the ordeal of reinstalling, modding and balancing the original game but I find it's so unstable.  I don't recall it being this unstable the last time I played 2 years ago.  I can't go on for very long without hitting the 3.1G Ram wall and then I CTD.  I've got less than 200 mods installed compared to close to 300  back then.  Perhaps I was a little too enthusiastic with the textures and chose 2k over 1k too many time?  As soon as I hear Gopher sanction it I'll reinstall SE and hopefully I'll be able to roam Skyrim without having to look down at the road for fear of triggering a CTD with too many LODs trying to load at once.
SKSE and ENB should get rid of the 3.1gb limit...
I had 200 mods with 2k textures no problem, but I had 32gb ram last time.

EDIT:
hop là!
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4586130-does-skse-include-shesons-memory-patch/

Forget about "safety load" though.
Take the extenders here:
http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.10.0#2.C._Extenders
and the patches section.  Especially the optimized textures.

Solmyr

The new Windows 10 update got rid of the VRAM limit on DirectX 9 programs. My heavily graphically modded original Skyrim now has solid fps pretty much everywhere.

The Brain

You guys should be ashamed. You know the human cost of making Skyrim, right?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on October 26, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
You guys should be ashamed. You know the human cost of making Skyrim, right?

OSHA and CPSC should ban the sales of Skyrim in the US.  Players could potentially play this for far too many hours a day, for too many days in a row.  Consumers need to be protected from this.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Maybe that would force them to make ES 6.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2017, 08:12:14 AM
Maybe that would force them to make ES 6.

Nothing is needed to force them to make ES 6.  They'll do that anyway.

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2017, 10:11:26 AM
Sooner?

the failure of ES Online would accelerate the development of ES 6, perhaps, but nothing to do with Skyrim would.

Speaking of new ES stuff, have you played the Beyond Skyrim: Bruma mod yet? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84946/?

Very impressive.

Bayraktar!