News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

gotta' tell you, I run it in Ultra but I expected better graphics. They are nice enough, but I would say they are DIFFERENT than Oblivion, not better.

Fuck the Xbox  <_<

Tamas

The general theme is sure as hell a lot better than in Oblivion though.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 11, 2011, 02:52:31 PM
gotta' tell you, I run it in Ultra but I expected better graphics. They are nice enough, but I would say they are DIFFERENT than Oblivion, not better.

Fuck the Xbox  <_<
you're essentially playing on a top of the line PC, from 6 years ago.  I wonder what console owners really expect.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadBurgerMaker

There seems to already be an improved texture mod out (well..."out"....it's an alpha):  http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32

Also various individual GFX improvement mods, one that fixes blocky noses and chins, one that makes the faces more detailed, makes elves not look as weird, etc.  That's just on page 1. 

How's the game running for everyone?  It's silky smooth for me on "high," 1920x1080, with all the draw distance, or whatever they're called, sliders maxed out.  Had one CTD last night that was really fast.  One second I was hiding from a horde of bandits watching the eyeball thing slowly get smaller and all that, the next I was looking at Languish.  Just like that.  "Okay they lost me, I'm gonna fuck these guys u.....Rick Perry 'oops'?"

Gonna play around with some of these tweaks here and see what happens: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweaks-improve-graphics-disable-vsync-change-fov-and-more/ 

Tamas

Quote from: viper37 on November 11, 2011, 04:24:04 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 11, 2011, 02:52:31 PM

Fuck the Xbox  <_<
you're essentially playing on a top of the line PC, from 6 years ago.  I wonder what console owners really expect.

I say fuck the xbox because I think the graphics may be dumbed down to suit that POS.

I am playing on a PC dammit.

And MBM, I am playing on Ultra but havent checked custom settings. Thx for the link gonna' check that.

Kleves

Are the starting stats of all the races the same? Put another way: is the only difference between any of the races their racial ability?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

ulmont

Quote from: Kleves on November 11, 2011, 08:21:58 PM
Are the starting stats of all the races the same? Put another way: is the only difference between any of the races their racial ability?

The starting stats are all the same, now that the only "stats" are stamina, magicka, and health (all 100).  Each race has different bonuses though.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

JonasSalk

Everybody on my Steam list is playing it....
Yuman

Lettow77

Hadn't intended to get it, but with the dashing prince gone, something is necessary to keep the megrims at bay.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

Running in 1920x1200 on ultra. Only some minor stuttering so far.

I've always liked playing Nords, so this is indeed a bit of a homecoming - mead and fake Vikings: yay! According to Steam I've played for 3 hours. This ws ca. an hour of tutorial and hanging out in the first village. I then travelled along the river banks to Whiterun, explored a bit the vicinity of the city and then entered town. Did a bit of smithing, hung out at the tavern where I beat up a bard, and then went on to join the Companions, because it seemed like the thing to do for my character (2H melee focused Nord). I also read a couple of books, some funny, some interesting, some boring. I'm also pathetic enough to get into the role of my char and not powergame/exploit the system.

A thief tried to rob me on the road; no idea if this was scripted or random, though.

I've tried both mouse and XBox pad for controls. The pad is better for the menues, the mouse is better for movement and combat. I'm sticking with the mouse for now.

Graphics look fine to me (not superduper, but fine), though I may try out some of the graphical improvements mods some time later. The landscapes sure are pretty. And I love the detail on weapons and armos when you look at them up close in the inventory screens.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Btw, it seems that some of Morrowind's soundtrack got recycled. I was exploring Skyrim yesterday and thought, "Wait a sec, I know that piece."

Then again, music n the Elder Scrolls was something they always got pretty right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Bought it. :blush:

Thank God for 100 Mbit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

JonasSalk

Morrowind theme is best theme.
Yuman