News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

I can access it from Finland. So it's just Hungary that is fucked.

Syt

Available for purchase in Austria, too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2011, 11:23:50 PM
Available for purchase in Austria, too.

The fall of the Habsburg Empire produces yet another problem.  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Nice review it certainly makes me look forward to trying it out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Just out of curiosity, if this is not too spoilerish, but I never really played Oblivion.  The Septim line is over right?  Who is Emperor now?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malicious Intent

Skyrim takes place roughly 200 years after Oblivion. A new dynasty was founded shortly after the end of the Septim line in Oblivion by general Titus Mede, who took over the Imperial City by force.

The Empire is now weakened, parts of it's territories have secceded. A major confrontation with the radical elvish faction of the Thamos had been lost, resulting in an embarrassing peace. The Thamos are now alowed to roam the Empire freely to hunt and kill worshipers of Talos (the deified Tiber Septim, founder of the Third Empire).

Valmy

Quote from: Malicious Intent on November 10, 2011, 02:10:24 PM
Skyrim takes place roughly 200 years after Oblivion. A new dynasty was founded shortly after the end of the Septim line in Oblivion by general Titus Mede, who took over the Imperial City by force.

The Empire is now weakened, parts of it's territories have secceded. A major confrontation with the radical elvish faction of the Thamos had been lost, resulting in an embarrassing peace. The Thamos are now alowed to roam the Empire freely to hunt and kill worshipers of Talos (the deified Tiber Septim, founder of the Third Empire).

Oooooh can I be: Talos worshipper?

Some General seized the throne of Cyrodiil eh?  Well they are started out that way.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Alcibiades

Sounds great, may grab it next week when I have time.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

I need a new PC for that kind of shit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I have to stop clicking this thread lest it tempt me.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I'm seriously tempted by this.

The first TES game I seriously played was Morrowind. Its strange, alien world just had me exploring for hours on end, just wondering what behind that next ridge, around that next corner would be. Walking in a sandstorm through a city built into giant crab shells, watching the sunrise in Vivek, or taking those first steps from the harbor to Balmora, it was filled with wonder.

Oblivion left me very cold. It looked nice, but it just didn't click. The landscape was way too cluttered with caves, ruins and such for my taste, and the classic medieval European setting didn't captivate me a lot. I thought at the time that Gothic 2 had done a better job at creating a (much more limited) open, living world.

(Sidenote: Of course I got seriously burned by Gothic 3 at release and though supposedly patches/add on save it somewhat I never went back to it. Piranha Bites redeemed themselves somewhat with Risen, which, for all intents and purposes, was G2 in the Carribean. The Gothic 3 publisher JoWood is now dead, and PB are going to release Risen 2 next year.)

Skyrim looks great, the previews/reviews so far look sweet (though I guess I would have to dust off my PC gamepad for it for better controls), and I love Norse fantasy settings, though this also seems to have a dose of Frank Frazetta style in it when you look at some of the helmets, or the Shadowmare in the IGN PC gameplay video - which is a great thing IMO.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Well, after Bethesda showed me the finger, I obtained it via unapproved means and will give it a whirl tonight.

Nice business model, Bethesda.