News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: JonasSalk on November 12, 2011, 07:54:58 PM
Glad I'm waiting a month for a price reduction and patch.

You have learned. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Once you get over the interface difficulties there is a really nice game there.

ulmont

Nah, it really is a good game, Jonas.

Although I do keep getting my ass handed to me by two-handed wielding enemies, after my first companion got eaten by a dragon.

PRC

Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2011, 12:59:24 PM
Over-the-shoulder view is retarded. "Hi, I'm blind on the left eye!!". I guess there's a mod to fix it though.
Yeah.  That's mega-irritating, along with the fact that the activate button is the same as the grab button.  I always set the spacebar as the activate button in these games, and that doesn't work in this game, because things like books cannot be taken into inventory unless the E key is the activate key.  :(

You cna use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom out a bit.

Razgovory

Quote from: ulmont on November 12, 2011, 09:14:18 PM

Although I do keep getting my ass handed to me by two-handed wielding enemies, after my first companion got eaten by a dragon.

It'll be a nice game in a month, as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2011, 04:01:36 PM
Having played the game for some hours now, it is obvious that the developers played Dragon Age, and took the right lessons from it.  The whole feel of the game (not interface, but the NPCs, dialogue, and towns) is straight from DA, and that is a good thing.  The feel of DA plus the freedom of the Elder Scrolls equals magic.

I have to say the detail of the weapons and armor when you look at them in the inventory reminds me of the deisgns in Gothic 1 & 2.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I want to see myself in the inventory screen, doll style, for trying out outfits.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Quote from: JonasSalk on November 12, 2011, 07:54:58 PM
Glad I'm waiting a month for a price reduction and patch.

It's on sale here for €39,90, going to get it sometime next week.

grumbler

Quote from: PRC on November 12, 2011, 09:58:36 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2011, 12:59:24 PM
Over-the-shoulder view is retarded. "Hi, I'm blind on the left eye!!". I guess there's a mod to fix it though.
Yeah.  That's mega-irritating, along with the fact that the activate button is the same as the grab button.  I always set the spacebar as the activate button in these games, and that doesn't work in this game, because things like books cannot be taken into inventory unless the E key is the activate key.  :(

You cna use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom out a bit.
The problem is that clicking on a book opens it, and then you have to press the E key to take the book.  If the E key isn't the activate key, it does nothing in the open book screen, and that screen doesn't update to the new activate key if you change the key.

Also irritating is that the activate key isn't a toggle like it is in all other game of which I am aware.  Activating a crate opens it, but activating again does nothing.  You have to tab to close.  Ditto for NPC conversations, etc.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Lettow77

Broke 24 hours of time sunk into the game, with a level 16 alchemist tea lady to show for it.

Going to bed now.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HVC

Ok, so i bought it. Playing a breton mage. Fun so far. just finished the greybeard training thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

JonasSalk

Quote from: ulmont on November 12, 2011, 09:14:18 PM

It'll be an even nicer game in a month.

1. I will be done with school for the semester and it won't distract me from my papers and finals.
2. It'll be $20 cheaper.
3. It might have a nice patch.
Yuman

grumbler

Quote from: JonasSalk on November 13, 2011, 11:01:03 PM
It'll be an even nicer game in a month.

1. I will be done with school for the semester and it won't distract me from my papers and finals.
2. It'll be $20 cheaper.
3. It might have a nice patch.

Exactly right.  Good luck with exams.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

saw a random generated dragon yesterday. it flew in cicles overhead, but i couldn't hit it so it never attacked. it eventually flew away as i curse at it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: HVC on November 14, 2011, 11:19:58 AM
saw a random generated dragon yesterday. it flew in cicles overhead, but i couldn't hit it so it never attacked. it eventually flew away as i curse at it.

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I was wandering along the northern coastline, and a dragon showed up and just circled around making noise.  I eventually lost sight of it in a snowstorm and wandered off, but I did get attacked for real by one (possibly the same one) in the same general area (a bit more inland) later.