Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2011, 01:29:31 AM
Bought it. :blush:

Thank God for 100 Mbit.

Yeah, I downloaded it in a less than half an hour or so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on November 12, 2011, 12:56:02 AM
Btw, it seems that some of Morrowind's soundtrack got recycled. I was exploring Skyrim yesterday and thought, "Wait a sec, I know that piece."

Then again, music n the Elder Scrolls was something they always got pretty right.

the morrowind music has been present in Oblivion too. Albeit changed a bit, just as with SKyrim now. Using it as -and it's not often I get to use this word- Leitmotif is a pretty good thing imho. Nice work by Soule.

grumbler

I am not liking the interface, and the animations are awful, but other than that I am liking this a lot.  Skyrim does seem a hell of a lot like Rohan, though.

I am disappointed that the Construction Set has been delayed.  We need a UI mod very badly.  Also body mods, animations, and separate armor pieces.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Kleves

How can I tell what diseases I have contracted? Do diseases actually do anything, gameplay-wise?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Brain

Quote from: Kleves on November 12, 2011, 10:58:44 AM
How can I tell what/if I have any diseases? If I do have a disease, does it actually do anything?

Wrong subforum.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Kleves

Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2011, 10:59:20 AM
Wrong subforum.
^_^

Also, you'll be happy to hear I contracted the disease from my "interactions" with a wolf.  ;)
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Brain

Quote from: Kleves on November 12, 2011, 11:02:19 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2011, 10:59:20 AM
Wrong subforum.
^_^

Also, you'll be happy to hear I contracted the disease from my "interactions" with a wolf.  ;)

PM sent.

Lettow77

Played 9 hours as a maidenly alchemist.

It'd be perfect, only I can't seem to find any tea, despite occasional reference to it in the background. Finding tea is of course the main quest, other than the continual mandate of being a delicate lady.

As combat is unbecoming, conjuration is how we get through life.

(she needs a seeing eye familiar anyway, because she is blind.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

grumbler

Quote from: Kleves on November 12, 2011, 10:58:44 AM
How can I tell what diseases I have contracted? Do diseases actually do anything, gameplay-wise?
Look under magic and "active effects."

Took me a while to find it, too.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Over-the-shoulder view is retarded. "Hi, I'm blind on the left eye!!". I guess there's a mod to fix it though.

grumbler

Having played the game for some hours now, it is obvious that the developers played Dragon Age, and took the right lessons from it.  The whole feel of the game (not interface, but the NPCs, dialogue, and towns) is straight from DA, and that is a good thing.  The feel of DA plus the freedom of the Elder Scrolls equals magic.

The interface and inventory are holding the game back, but the game as a whole doesn't prompt me to play fully-modded Oblivion, like unmodded Oblivion made me want to play fully-modded Morrowind.

Quests are fun.  You have to make decisions without all information, and even when you are done with some of them, you aren't sure you did the right thing.  The bar is much higher for quest mods then it was for Oblivion.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2011, 12:59:24 PM
Over-the-shoulder view is retarded. "Hi, I'm blind on the left eye!!". I guess there's a mod to fix it though.
Yeah.  That's mega-irritating, along with the fact that the activate button is the same as the grab button.  I always set the spacebar as the activate button in these games, and that doesn't work in this game, because things like books cannot be taken into inventory unless the E key is the activate key.  :(

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2011, 04:01:36 PM
The bar is much higher for quest mods then it was for Oblivion.

Well, it couldn't really be much lower.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on November 12, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
Yeah.  That's mega-irritating, along with the fact that the activate button is the same as the grab button.  I always set the spacebar as the activate button in these games, and that doesn't work in this game, because things like books cannot be taken into inventory unless the E key is the activate key.  :(

Yeah that is bugging the shit out of me.  The move button needs to be something else for sure. 

Related note:  I still find myself mashing down the Z key occasionally when I want to move something, which makes my dude scream at whatever I'm trying to move instead.  I guess it accomplishes approximately the same thing if it's the type of shout that blasts things aside.

JonasSalk

Glad I'm waiting a month for a price reduction and patch.
Yuman