What would you do if you encounter something Supernatural or Paranormal

Started by jimmy olsen, September 28, 2011, 01:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would do if you had a close encounter?

Publicly tell the world! The people must know
2 (9.1%)
Anonymously tip off the Feds/Media
0 (0%)
Keep it secret; people will think I'm crazy
3 (13.6%)
Tell only a trusted confidant
3 (13.6%)
Tell a priest or appropriate clergyman
0 (0%)
Just pretend it never happened
2 (9.1%)
Commit myself to a mental institution
4 (18.2%)
Other: Please elaborate below
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

Dude, that episode was broadcast over a decade ago.  Me, I'd likely wig out then chalk it up as a delusion.  The only time something like this happened, it didn't end well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

This poll needs a "Report to the responsible authorities" option.

- see Alien Space Ship - report to Air Force
- see Bigfoot - report to Park Service as well as cryptozoologists (the serious scientists, which there are...)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Zoupa

Razgovory

I did see something that looked like some of the classic UFO images.  A round silvery metallic object in the sky.  However I was driving and didn't feel like pulling over to give it a closer look.  I don't see well anyway, and I didn't care that much.  It was probably just an airplane, a balloon or perhaps a mirage.  I have seen glowing lights in the sky once on a camping trip, but since a storm was coming I'm pretty sure it was ball lighting.  Apparently UFO sightings are fairly common in the area.  In fact they seem to follow the flight path from Whiteman air force base to the eastern part of the state (though there are some in the southern part of the state as well.  Whiteman is where the B-2 Spirit is based and the Airforce does mock bombing runs down in the Ozarks so I have a pretty good idea what those "UFO"s are.

Brazen

I'd do nothing at the time but share tales with friends when the subject came up. "Did I ever tell you about the time I thought my kitchen was haunted?" and the like.

Drakken

Maximus

Quote from: Viking on September 28, 2011, 10:17:10 PM

- see Bigfoot - report to Park Service as well as cryptozoologists (the serious scientists, which there are...)

How is bigfoot supernatural?

Anyway my vote is for other-use for my own gain

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on September 29, 2011, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 28, 2011, 10:17:10 PM

How is bigfoot supernatural?

Anyway my vote is for other-use for my own gain

You'd be surprised how little delusions on your part can be used to for financial gain.

Maximus

Razgovory