And we're back!

Main Menu

My First Car Accident, AR Edition

Started by alfred russel, September 26, 2011, 12:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 26, 2011, 02:42:10 PM
So, what kind of car was it?

One with sub-par handling characteristics ? 

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on September 26, 2011, 01:48:46 PM
Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2011, 01:39:02 PM
Sounds like quite the adventure. I obviously have no idea about the terms of your card, but my corporate credit card does include private liability insurance on business trips, so it would cover the car.
In the American sense of car insurance, at least, liability insurance wouldn't cover this.  Liability insurance covers the damage to other cars that you cause.  In US, at least, this kind of accident would be under a collision coverage, which is optional.
e
Would property damage possibly apply to this situation? I checked my comprehensive policy, and it is limited to the cars listed in the policy. Property damage seemed to be the only potential I have to use my personal policy--but I'd guess the answer is no.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 26, 2011, 02:42:10 PM
So, what kind of car was it?

A chevy classic--basically a chevy malibu. The choice of drivers everywhere for extreme adventure travel.

I had actually requested a 4 x 4 truck, but it wasn't available until the day after I left. So I made due with what I had.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on September 26, 2011, 04:08:31 PM
Would property damage possibly apply to this situation? I checked my comprehensive policy, and it is limited to the cars listed in the policy. Property damage seemed to be the only potential I have to use my personal policy--but I'd guess the answer is no.
Very much doubt it.  Property damage, AFAIK, is when you are 89 years old, and drive through the neighbor's house while trying to leave your driveway.

alfred russel

Wtf? As they are both on the second page, I think we can assess the activity of my car accident thread and DGullers:

DGullers thread about a minor rear end collision in NYC: 117 posts.

My thread about flipping a car in a remote area of Patagonia: 18 posts.

DGuller

:yeah: The difference is that your accident was non-fatal, whereas the jury is still out on mine.

HVC

DGuller had a 26 year old girl and the possibilty of extortion sex. And perhaps the possibly of a gangland hit.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: alfred russel on September 27, 2011, 04:13:47 PM
Wtf? As they are both on the second page, I think we can assess the activity of my car accident thread and DGullers:

His story had a young Italian-American girl on it, followed by vaguely Soprano-like threats. There was much more drama there.

The Larch

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 04:15:18 PM
:yeah: The difference is that your accident was non-fatal, whereas the jury is still out on mine.

Damn, man, both Hilly and me had the same first thought, the girl, and you think about your possible demise? No wonder people think Russians are depressing.  :P

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

Jewish controlled media.

alfred russel

I made it to the Cueva de las Manos. I drove from Calafate after a rain, and it was easily the most difficult drive I've ever been on. I can't imagine a worse road--the wet sections turned into a deep type of mud that stuck to my boots and trashed the car interior too. You literally could not tell what color the car was. Hertz is charging me for washing the car, which is something I've never heard of before.

Jacob

DGuller updated his thread much more frequently.

HVC

By now anytime they come see you walking towards them to rent a car this place must shutter their windows and lock their doors :lol: