News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So are you happy that autumn is coming?

Started by Martinus, September 23, 2011, 08:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I like summer and winter the best because I can get outside the most then.

I pity the OP who feels going out is some kind of obligation.

Richard Hakluyt

All the seasons in Lancashire are delightful, it has the perfect climate  :cool:

KRonn

It's tough to get used to the cooler weather, after summer, so it's a bit of a downer those first cool mornings and such. But I don't mind cool weather otherwise.

Iormlund

Summer has its advantages. Mostly involving female clothing or lack of thereof. It makes driving much more of a risk, though.

HisMajestyBOB

No.
This summer wasn't too bad. We only had 1 week of solid above-100 degree temps.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Lettow77

I am fond of the languor summer induces, but I am extremely fond of spring as well.

Fall is very poetic, romantic and such- a fine season, but I just can't abide winter. I strongly dislike cold.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

I took a drive this afternoon and took a look at the foliage. I love getting on the back roads and just driving out into the boonies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I hate summer.  It's so hot and humid here.  It got to 110 here this year.  And it ain't dry heat either.  You don't so much walk though Missouri in summer you wade through it.  Autumn is a big improvement.  Also, I'm fat.  In the summer I look fat.  In winter, I'm merely well prepared.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2011, 01:49:57 PM
I took a drive this afternoon and took a look at the foliage. I love getting on the back roads and just driving out into the boonies.

Yeah, that's nice.  My dad and I do that often.  Drive out into the country side and maybe stop at the local greasy spoon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2011, 01:53:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2011, 01:49:57 PM

Yeah, that's nice.  My dad and I do that often.  Drive out into the country side and maybe stop at the local greasy spoon.

My wife and I do that all the time.

Except her parents own the local greasy spoon.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I end up at my usual resting stop:

http://youngsdairy.com/

It is in the Commie village, but the ice cream is worth it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2011, 08:42:37 AM
Don't you get a feeling of relief when autumn is coming and days grow colder and shorter? No longer having to put up with the pressure of "going out", or "sunbathing", or "spending time outdoors", or "catching the last of the summer sun". You can stay home and don't give a shit. No?

Chubby guys like you and I benefit from the layered look.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Autumn brings college football, so I'm always happy to see it come around again.

As far as the weather itself is concerned, I prefer the long, hot days of summer.