Main Menu

Russia making a new move on Georgia?

Started by Weatherman, April 23, 2009, 07:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
Perhaps in one the iterations, Pelosi will become President! :w00t: :swiss:
What could possibly go wrong?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2009, 12:03:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
Perhaps in one the iterations, Pelosi will become President! :w00t: :swiss:

Grumbler go post whether you are going to toss a card for the reset....errrh, peace roll.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

Well, I guess the Reset Button gambit worked after all, at least to the Russians who may have taken it a bit wrongly! Russians just apparently reset things to the way they were before.   

garbon

I didn't want my suggestion to be too obvious or else I would have suggested Hil as Pres as 4th in line.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 12:20:08 PM

I didn't want my suggestion to be too obvious or else I would have suggested Hil as Pres as 4th in line.
Given Hillary's disastrous handling of the Russian situation, I would say she's been disqualified.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2009, 12:41:38 PM
Given Hillary's disastrous handling of the Russian situation, I would say she's been disqualified.

I think you've missed my point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 12:56:44 PM

Not really; just that his is better.  She can't phone the Slavic Department at Georgetown or Harvard for a proper translation.  That's she's unqualified even for her current position, let alone that of President.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Berkut

Quote from: Queequeg on April 24, 2009, 01:01:21 PM

Not really; just that his is better.  She can't phone the Slavic Department at Georgetown or Harvard for a proper translation.  That's she's unqualified even for her current position, let alone that of President.

Actually, I would say that she is MORE qualified to be President than SecState.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

It's a little funny to hear an Obamaniac talk about lack of qualification for the presidency.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Okay, I'll make it clear and won't be vague.

I was suggesting, although not really as we don't talk about deaths of political figures, that in one of these groundhog day like cycles, perhaps we'd have a scenario where both the POTUS and VP end up dying.  The Obama presidency would thus be over.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on April 24, 2009, 08:13:36 AM
After all the furor over the first little escapade, the Western Consensus was that mewling "Oh, we CAN'T possibly do ANYTHING!" so why wouldn't Russia finish the job?
More like 'why should we do anything?'

Interesting stuff in Russia at the minute.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on April 24, 2009, 01:02:26 PM
Actually, I would say that she is MORE qualified to be President than SecState.
I agree.  The only reason I can think of for having her as SecState is a political one for Obama to get rid of a threat in the Senate.  It's why I don't think it's a terribly good pick.

Though, so far, I think she's actually been hugely impressive.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2009, 03:55:40 PM
I agree.  The only reason I can think of for having her as SecState is a political one for Obama to get rid of a threat in the Senate.  It's why I don't think it's a terribly good pick.

Though, so far, I think she's actually been hugely impressive.

Honestly, let's not really start up the experience bit again. After all, we can't say that Obam has actually been hugely impressive. :(

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 04:08:40 PM
Honestly, let's not really start up the experience bit again. After all, we can't say that Obam has actually been hugely impressive. :(
I disagree.  Given the situation I think he has been very impressive.  I genuinely can't think of a world leader who seems to be handling the crisis as well :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2009, 04:20:11 PM
I disagree.  Given the situation I think he has been very impressive.

:lmfao: