So, what exactly happened here, eh?

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 10, 2009, 02:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DisturbedPervert

It's all a big joke.  Hahaha guys, come out now and bring back the old forum. 

Wait...It's not a joke... :cry:

Grallon

This interface is worst than the old one...  And my account wasn't ported - I had to recreate it.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

HVC

I'm adverse to change. That's all i'll say about this lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on March 10, 2009, 06:52:03 AM
This interface is worst than the old one...  And my account wasn't ported - I had to recreate it.

G.

We all had too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 10, 2009, 02:28:36 AM
Is the old forum dead for good?

vM posted this :

QuoteWell, my hand was forced.  The SCSI drive on the old server appears to be near death, if not there already.  I had this SMF forum set up from what of the Languish database I could convert.  Its as good a starting point as any.

I still have the data from the drive, I just can't get the drive to stay up for more than 10-15 minutes.  If anyone is really in love with the old board I can clone the data back onto a spare IDE drive I have kicking around somewhere.

BTW, everyone's account is still usable; no need to re-register

Obviously, something went wrong.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

I demand everyone use their old nicks!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

vinraith

I think everyone had to reregister, which does raise some legitimate concerns about people resitering as someone other than (or in addition to) themselves.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: vinraith on March 10, 2009, 03:25:25 PM
I think everyone had to reregister, which does raise some legitimate concerns about people resitering as someone other than (or in addition to) themselves.

We are all Yi anyway.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: vinraith on March 10, 2009, 03:25:25 PM

Well the in addition one likely won't work out well. Mods will be able to see the ips of everyone, I believe with each post, so dupes will be easily spotted.*

*at least that's what the tooltip says when i float my cursor over my ip