News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sleep

Started by Josquius, September 14, 2011, 07:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much sleep do you usually get a night?

Sleep is for the weak
0 (0%)
<4 hours
0 (0%)
4 hours
0 (0%)
5 hours
5 (11.4%)
6 hours
8 (18.2%)
7 hours
19 (43.2%)
8 hours
9 (20.5%)
9 hours
1 (2.3%)
10 hours
0 (0%)
10< hours
0 (0%)
The waking world is for the weak
1 (2.3%)
I REFUSE TO ANSWER.
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Camerus

Nowadays I get about 6-7 every weeknight, and about 7-8 or so on weekends.  But I need far less sleep now than I did about 5+ years ago.  This is an advantage of growing older.

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on September 14, 2011, 07:37:04 PM
I often find myself napping for 2 or 3 hours on the evening even. Which is...weird.
No, just a sign of ageing  :P

Brazen

I don't vary much between week days and weekends now. I turn in about 11.30 and wake up about 6.45. I've mostly shaken of the insomnia I suffered from and even if I get up in the night I can usually drop off again.

Eddie Teach

Sleep is for the weak. So I get lots of it. At least 8 hours a day, though I've gone as long as 14 before.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

My pulmonologist, my cardiologist and I are still working out the bugs on my sleep disorders, but my new sleep apnea machine has been doing wonders.  I actually feel good when I get a good nights' sleep now, and everyone can tell when I don't.  I look and feel like I've been hit by a dump truck.

Last night, I went to bed at 10, and this morning I woke up at 5:30.  Wow.  I feel great.  On nights when I fall asleep on the sofa at 1am, and wake up at 5sm...well, not so good.

Unfortunately, I've always been a night owl, so that's a habit that takes time to break.

DontSayBanana

Formerly around 4-5 each night, but there've been more nights with more sleep since I started on antidepressants, so it's probably getting up around the 6-7 hour mark now.
Experience bij!

Iormlund

The last few years have been awful when it comes to sleep quality, so much that I've decided not to work most evenings because I just couldn't handle it. I get around 4 hours on workday nights. I survive on naps and weekends.

Slargos

I don't wake up feeling rested whether I sleep 5 or 10 hours. Funnily, I typically feel better after 4-5 hours than after 7-8 though I quickly need to sleep again later during the day.
If I get to sleep until I wake rather than when the alarm goes off I get somewhere between 8-9 hours unless I've been pulling a lot of late nights over the week.
So in essence: It varies. Typical work night I try to get in at least 7 hours.

Grey Fox

Slargos, like Cdm, you probably suffer from some sort of sleep apnea.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Slargos

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2011, 07:46:36 AM
I have a tendancy to snore. I don't think it's apnea, but it's a definite possibility. Snoring might be enough.
I'm starting a strict diet and exercise regimen and perhaps it will sort me out.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2011, 07:46:36 AM

I may have it too. I have been waking up very tired for the last few months too. And I sleep for 7 hours or so.

Martinus

I mean, I sleep for 7 hours and more but usually wake up tired and feel sleepy a lot during the day. I'm edgy and prone to aggressive reactions. And have always had problems with breathing through my nose due to deviated septum or something.

Grey Fox

Yep, no achieving REM sleep for ya.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2011, 08:05:35 AM
I'm edgy and prone to aggressive reactions.

You?  I find that hard to believe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas