Children's Games (Garbon Warning: Carl-Related)

Started by Malthus, April 23, 2009, 09:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 11:55:53 AM
You didn't mention that Tommy was your son in that post. :P

Not in that particular post, no.  But the post was contextual to my other posts :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 11:57:11 AM
Not in that particular post, no.  But the post was contextual to my other posts :)

I generally don't pay that much attention. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 11:58:20 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 11:57:11 AM

I generally don't pay that much attention. :(

Carry on, then :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 11:59:14 AM
Carry on, then :D

I mean, if I followed the life of my mortal enemy too closely, some might think I just have a man crush on him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 12:01:40 PM
I mean, if I followed the life of my mortal enemy too closely, some might think I just have a man crush on him.

We all know you do.  And stop looking at my ass!  :mad:

(this is where you snap your fingers in the air & tell me I couldn't afford you)

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 12:03:25 PM
(this is where you snap your fingers in the air & tell me I couldn't afford you)

I'd rather file my nails and roll my eyes. Less energy; more productive.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2009, 12:13:47 PM
I'd rather file my nails and roll my eyes. Less energy; more productive.

I get enough of that at home, but thnx anyway.

Oexmelin

Do you all buy gender-related toys ?

I play pirates, thieves, vikings (they know about vikings, for some reasons, which I suspect are related to this: http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3150.htm) with my little nieces. They tend to come up with the same kind of amusing «rules» on all of this make-belief plays. Last Halloween, the eldest couldn't decide which costume she should wear so she ended up going as «a Pirate-Princess».
Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

derspiess

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 24, 2009, 12:17:26 PM

Mostly gender-neutral, actually, apart from sports stuff.

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 12:25:44 PM

:huh: Girls don't play sports?  Mine do...
and the horse you rode in on

Queequeg

Never had any brothers or really close male friends when I was little (until about 3rd grade, at least). Always felt like I was missing out.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 24, 2009, 12:17:26 PM

I play pirates, thieves, vikings (they know about vikings, for some reasons, which I suspect are related to this: http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3150.htm) with my little nieces. They tend to come up with the same kind of amusing «rules» on all of this make-belief plays. Last Halloween, the eldest couldn't decide which costume she should wear so she ended up going as «a Pirate-Princess».

Not really. We tend to buy the toys Carl wants, which are mostly typical boy-stuff. But he also wanted a play-doh kitchen set, which is more typically girl stuff.

He has very little interest in stuffed toys or dolls, except as foot-soldiers in his games.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: fahdiz on April 24, 2009, 12:45:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 12:25:44 PM

:huh: Girls don't play sports?  Mine do...

Do yours play football & baseball?  Did they have those things when they were a year old?

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2009, 01:27:34 PM
Do yours play football & baseball?  Did they have those things when they were a year old?

Yours doesn't play football or baseball at a year old either. :D  And they had squishy, soft toys which resembled footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, and basketballs at a very young age, yes.

The girls play softball and tee-ball, respectively.
and the horse you rode in on