News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Island

Started by The Brain, August 30, 2011, 08:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Anyone know if it's gonna be good? My gaming group would love a "L4D with campaign".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

JonasSalk

With all the hype for it, it should be really good. I'm probably going to wait for a price-drop and some patches before buying, but I don't anticipate it being a horrible game by any means.
Yuman

LaCroix

Quote- Xian Mei, an employee at the Royal Palms Resort. Born and raised in China, she chose an occupation that allowed her to leave her country of birth in order to experience different people and cultures. She is a fast learner, intelligent, and quick on her feet. Having just arrived at Banoi Island, Xian Mei was responsible for myriad menial tasks at the hotel, before starting work as a receptionist. This opportunity to meet and greet all the different nationalities that visited the hotel was ideal for Xian Mei, as it provided a perfect source of inspiration for her dreams of travelling the globe.

- Sam B, a one-hit wonder rap star. He was booked by the Royal Palms Resort to perform his well known song "Who Do You Voodoo?" at a high profile hotel party. He gladly took the chance to play this gig. Once strong, self-confident and proud, Sam B has had a troubled past and a history of drug and alcohol abuse, as his private life became caught in a haze of fake friends and bad advisors.

- Logan, a former NFL star, spoiled by life and successful in every possible way. Logan's ego finally put an end to his bright future. Taking part in a reckless street race with tragic consequences, Logan not only killed a young woman - his unfortunate passenger - he also fractured his knee, putting an end to his sports career. His fall from stardom inevitably followed and he plunged swiftly into a life of bitterness and despair. In an attempt to get away from the demons hunting him, he gladly takes the chance to experience the beauties and wonders of Banoi Island.

- Purna is a former officer of the Sydney Police department. After losing her career when she killed a child molester who could not be prosecuted because of his wealth and connections, Purna then turned to working as a bodyguard for VIPs in dangerous places all over the world. She is hired not just for her skills but her looks as wealthy men do not mind showing up with Purna on their arm.

GOTY material right here

JonasSalk

Yuman

Razgovory

Enough with the Zombies.  I'm so fucking tired of zombies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 02:30:01 PM

The genre is currently experiencing technical difficulties, but hasn't yet approached Twilight levels.  The problem is the piggy-backers who essentially just throw zombies into an otherwise-cliched story and think that it makes it original.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

Quote from: Habbaku on September 06, 2011, 02:52:33 PMThe genre is currently experiencing technical difficulties

the game is also experiencing some.. difficulties right now. no mention of it so far on languish? well-

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2101559
Quote< X b o x L i v e S u b m i s s i o n P r o j e c t V e r s i o n = " 2 . 0 . 5 0 3 3 0 . 0 " x m l n s = " h t t p : / / w w w . x b o x l i v e . c o m / x l a s t " >

< G a m e C o n f i g P r o j e c t n a m e = " D e a d I s l a n d D i s c X b o x 3 6 0 " t i t l e N a m e = " D e a d I s l a n d D i s c X b o x 3 6 0 " p r o j e c t V e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 0 . 0 9 3 4 . 0 " s c h e m a V e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 8 . 0 0 0 0 . 0 " v a l i d a t e A g a i n s t = " . . \ . . \ . . \ . . \ . . \ U s e r s \ t e c h l a n d \ A p p D a t a \ L o c a l \ M i c r o s o f t \ X b o x L i v e \ 4 B 4 D 0 7 D F . p a r t n e r \ . . \ . . \ 4 B 4 D 0 7 D F . p a r t n e r \ . . \ . . \ 4 B 4 D 0 7 D F . p a r t n e r \ . . \ . . \ 4 B 4 D 0 7 D F . p a r t n e r \ D e a d I s l a n d . x l a s t " c l a s s i f i c a t i o n = " B a s e G a m e " t i t l e I d = " 0 x 4 B 4 D 0 7 D F " m u l t i p l a y e r = " t r u e " t i t l e T y p e = " 1 " a r n = " 0 x 5 5 E 2 C 5 D 2 F 1 4 A F 9 " >

This is why the control scheme is alternating

< L o c a l i z e d S t r i n g i d = " 6 7 7 " f r i e n d l y N a m e = " L B _ S T A N D A R D L B _ A r e n a 2 p 1 _ G A M E R _ S C O R E _ N A M E " >
[3:26:43 AM] Ty the Fox: < F i l t e r l e f t = " 0 x 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 " l e f t T y p e = " A t t r i b u t e " r i g h t = " 0 x 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 " r i g h t T y p e = " P a r a m e t e r " o p = " = = " / >

< F i l t e r l e f t = " 0 x 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 " l e f t T y p e = " A t t r i b u t e " r i g h t = " 0 x 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 " r i g h t T y p e = " P a r a m e t e r " o p = " = = " / >

< F i l t e r l e f t = " 0 x 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 5 " l e f t T y p e = " A t t r i b u t e " r i g h t = " 0 x 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 A " r i g h t T y p e = " P a r a m e t e r " o p = " & l t ; = " / >

These variables AREN'T defined.

This is big, this isn't a port, not at all, this isn't supposed to be public.

This is why we can noclip.

!include("DebugConf.def")

// implemented:
Cheats()
UseDeveloperKeys()
NoLogos()

// deprecated:
SaveGame("none")
SetLogLevel(15)

//CallCheatActionOnLevelStart(0)
//ConsoleCommand("NewAI.ShowElementBoxes(1")
//ConsoleCommand("NewAI.fDamageThreshold 123123")
//ConsoleCommand("NewAI.SetFlag(6")
//ConsoleCommand("NewAI.Freeze(")

!SetLoginData( s, s, n )

SetLoginData( "user1", "pass1", 123454321 )
!TimeOut( i )
//address
!AuthorizationServer( s )

TimeOut( 60 )
AuthorizationServer( "AuthServer.techland.pl" )
//AuthorizationServer( "AuthServer1.techland.pl" )
//AuthorizationServer( "AuthServer2.techland.pl" )

OH THIS IS BAD
It's the verification code to authorize the game. This took 0 effort to find.

looks like they sent steam the wrong file, and now thousands of players have downloaded and installed onto their computer the developer's debugging version. people were wondering in the early hours of the night why pressing "y" turned on noclip, allowing them to walk through buildings and fly :lol:

The Brain

Did they fix it? Anyone played it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on September 06, 2011, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 02:30:01 PM

The genre is currently experiencing technical difficulties, but hasn't yet approached Twilight levels.  The problem is the piggy-backers who essentially just throw zombies into an otherwise-cliched story and think that it makes it original.
Well, duh, the whole zombie idea is that they are brainless, mindless creatures acting on instinct only.  They have no reasoning capabilities.  It's gonna be an hard sell to make them loveable, noble creatures like the vampires of Twilight.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.