News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who has a better chance of winning with Obama?

Started by Martinus, September 08, 2011, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has a better chance of winning with Obama?

Mitt Romney (I'm an American)
21 (67.7%)
Mitt Romney (I'm not an America)
6 (19.4%)
Rick Perry (I'm an American)
4 (12.9%)
Rick Perry (I'm not an American)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on September 08, 2011, 06:54:12 PM
Why are you so liberal?
Don't you have any shame?

Be less of a retard Seeb.  I was dissin Perry.

DGuller

Yeah, Siegy is running his retarded schtick into the ground.

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 08, 2011, 06:53:36 PM
Personally I prefer Perry to Romney, given Romney's history of dog abuse and general weirdness.  I think they seem to balance each other out as general election candidates.
:huh:  You think Romney is the guy with the history of "general weirdness?"

Perry most reminds me of the "Duke of Bridgewater" from Huck Finn.  He is shrewd when it comes to conning people into believing that his idiotically simplistic solutions are based fundamental truths, but without a true conviction to his name.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habsburg

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2011, 08:02:46 PM
Personally I prefer Perry to Romney, given Romney's history of dog abuse and general weirdness.  I think they seem to balance each other out as general election candidates.
:huh:  You think Romney is the guy with the history of "general weirdness?"

Perry most reminds me of the "Duke of Bridgewater" from Huck Finn.  He is shrewd when it comes to conning people into believing that his idiotically simplistic solutions are based fundamental truths, but without a true conviction to his name.

:contract:  :yes:

LaCroix

romney would shake shelf's hand and call him best friend if it meant a vote. perry would put him up against the wall for being a sodomite. i don't think perry should be the choice for anyone but christian fundamentalists

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2011, 08:02:46 PM

It warms my heart to see people getting it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: LaCroix on September 08, 2011, 08:17:43 PM
romney would shake shelf's hand and call him best friend if it meant a vote. perry would put him up against the wall for being a sodomite. i don't think perry should be the choice for anyone but christian fundamentalists
And, you know, that's Romney's problem.

I'm still very sad Huck didn't run :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 08, 2011, 08:40:52 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on September 08, 2011, 08:17:43 PM
And, you know, that's Romney's problem.

I'm still very sad Huck didn't run :(

He's to busy making money.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 08, 2011, 08:40:52 PMAnd, you know, that's Romney's problem.

i like that about him. it means he's at least a little bit sensible, and wouldn't arrive in office with a detestable ideology (extreme left or right)

Martinus

What's up with so many fags being fascinated with people who would put them in jail or in a death camp. You know that Perry was against Lawrence v. Texas?

Martinus

Quote from: LaCroix on September 08, 2011, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 08, 2011, 08:40:52 PMAnd, you know, that's Romney's problem.

i like that about him. it means he's at least a little bit sensible, and wouldn't arrive in office with a detestable ideology (extreme left or right)

Yeah, he strikes me as the most reasonable of the Republican front runners.

Eddie Teach

Romney's weaknesses- health care, flip floppiness, crypto-Christianity

Perry's weakness- scaring off the middle

Overall, I'd rate Romney's chances better. The public is bored with hearing about health care, so him being less outspoken on the issue won't cost much. The Republican base is going to show up to vote out Obama, so the energized base argument doesn't have much traction.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

That being said, in the absence of major fuckup by Perry or something equally groundbreaking, I'm pretty sure GOPtards are going to nominate him over Romney.