News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

In a half hour period today I first got a Tabula then a corrupted 6 link Evasion Chest (very nice for my Pathfinder).  Now I need to get enough Vaal orbs to recolor it a bit.

FunkMonk

I've been playing SSF this league because I am kind of tired playing Trade of Exile. Rolling with a cold slinger occultist and it's some of the smoothest leveling ever. Big Recommend from me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I've been playing a bit with a ground slam/war cry zerker, and damn, that damage output ... :lol: Sure, I've not finished the campaign, but blue groups die in one hit, and gold mobs often too. Bosses without scripted invulnerabilities often go down in two or three hits, and stun helps a lot (Act 10). It's very reliant on fortify proc, though, and if you are attacked by mobs/a boss before you get it up, it can be a quick death, even with 68% phys reduction from armor and topped up resistances. But my gear is far from optimized wrt health and I still miss an extra aura.

Still, I feel kind of tired of the game at the moment, and the new league is not exciting to me, so I might skip playing and see if next league has more interesting stuff again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 19, 2021, 07:09:09 AM
I've been playing SSF this league because I am kind of tired playing Trade of Exile. Rolling with a cold slinger occultist and it's some of the smoothest leveling ever. Big Recommend from me.

I've never played trade league, so my characters often don't reach full potential. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on April 28, 2021, 02:43:37 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 19, 2021, 07:09:09 AM

I've never played trade league, so my characters often don't reach full potential. :)

It's been smooth sailing into yellow maps now. Only died a couple of times because I wasn't paying attention and ran right into a big pack of those monsters that shoot spikes when they die and one other time because I stood in degen with my inventory open after finishing a ritual and didn't notice my energy shield slowly going down  :lol:

Syt

Started leveling an arc witch today while listening to podcasts.

This wand dropped from the Trialmaster ... :o

I'm ... not complaining. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2021, 01:33:44 PM
Started leveling an arc witch today while listening to podcasts.

This wand dropped from the Trialmaster ... :o

I'm ... not complaining. :lol:

This is the reason I like PoE and why one day I will give it another spin.  I love the random drop itemization. 

That is freaking awesome Syt  :cool:

Syt

The new league mechanics coming out next week look quite interesting, actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_aoGoMm50&t=163s
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also incoming: flask rework to (hopefully) reduce the "piano flask" play style (e.g. you can craft modifiers to make flasks trigger on certain conditions).

Also incoming: rebalancing and nerfs. Future releases will see Acts rebalanced to make them more challenging again, starting with Act I in this league. To fight power creep they will nerf some pure damage support gems to increase end game challenge and to get people to use other support gems that are normally not much in rotation.

Also incoming: 19 new gems, some of which look quite sweet.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on July 16, 2021, 10:02:08 AM
Also incoming: flask rework to (hopefully) reduce the "piano flask" play style (e.g. you can craft modifiers to make flasks trigger on certain conditions).

Also incoming: rebalancing and nerfs. Future releases will see Acts rebalanced to make them more challenging again, starting with Act I in this league.

Both of these sound very promising.

As we have discussed before, my main issue with the game was how far it had moved from its roots of being a challenge to survive an encounter. Games that are all about clear speed are not that appealing to me.

FunkMonk

Nerf League sounds interesting but I don't really have time for PoE now. Plus they're likely to continually rebalance the game as the league develops because the player base will DEMAND changes.

Should be fun to see all the reaction to the changes though  :lol:

Syt

As a very casual player I'm not sure how much I like the idea of nerfs and making the game harder. :D

I have well over 1800 hours in the game, and not once I've completed the old or new Atlas, or finished similar end game challenges.  :blush:

(Partially that's because I play SSF)
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

If a casual player puts 1800 hrs into a game, what is your definition of the next level player?

Syt

That time has accumulated over 3 or so years, and much of it was spent listening to podcasts and audio books while mindlessly clicking things to make them explode. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Yeah, I've been playing PoE for 5 or 6 years or whatever and I likely have thousands of hours of playtime. I don't know the exact amount because I don't use the Steam client, just GGG's client. I still consider myself a "casual" player because I'll play at most 2 hours at a time a couple times a week nowadays. Perhaps I played more before I got married and had a kid but I'm nowhere near "hardcore" levels of ~8 hours a day playing a single video game, especially now.