News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Last night I tried to play POE, again, because Syt's recommendation to use Wrecker's build.

:( I can't do it. Sustain clicking hurts my hand too much. I played for ~30mins & it hurt for hours.

#old&sad
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2021, 10:56:05 AM
Last night I tried to play POE, again, because Syt's recommendation to use Wrecker's build.

:( I can't do it. Sustain clicking hurts my hand too much. I played for ~30mins & it hurt for hours.

#old&sad

You can keep the button pressed, you know? :)

More seriously, check his Zombie build. Might be better for you since it doesn't require you to use an active skill all the time as your minions are persistent.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009929
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2021, 11:17:06 AM

#old&sad

Sadly, that's the main problem. A sustained click is worse than sustain clicking. I wasn't cleared enough.

Syt

Is using a gamepad feasible? Since the game is also on consoles, I would imagine that the PC version also supports pads.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2021, 11:34:10 AM
Is using a gamepad feasible? Since the game is also on consoles, I would imagine that the PC version also supports pads.
For me? Yes.

Sadly, PC PoE doesn't support controllers, like Diablo 3.

I've played Console PoE but it's not the same.

This isn't the first genre that my fucked up hand is keeping me from playing. I'll get use to it.

Holding hope that Diablo 4 PC supports controllers out of the box. Also, hopefully Torchlight 3 comes to Xbox Gamepass like the console version did.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2021, 11:20:08 AM

#old&sad

Sadly, that's the main problem. A sustained click is worse than sustain clicking. I wasn't cleared enough.

use the mouse lock function windows.  :)

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 21, 2021, 01:43:57 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2021, 11:20:08 AM

#old&sad

use the mouse lock function windows.  :)

I didn't know this was a thing. I'll have to try it. Thanks CC.

crazy canuck

Hope it helps.  I use it in all my games that require continuous or repetitive pushing of a mouse button.

One click and a brief hold will keep the mouse button held.  To remove just click again.

FunkMonk

At level 82 now with my summoner/ice elementalist. Pretty smooth so far. Just napping at a gingerly, relaxed pace.

I really like this league mechanic. The rituals loot table is pretty generous and it lets you put items on lay-away in case you don't have enough points to buy it after you complete all the rituals on a map. It's enough of a carrot to keep me mapping when I otherwise might start to get bored. I put a Primordial Might jewel on lay-away because I didn't have enough points to buy it, but as soon as it comes up again I'll be roughly 150 chaos richer.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Still only in act 7, but still waiting for anything useful for my char to show up in Ritual rewards. :P

(Well, there was a ring I used for an Act or two.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

Don't play much on workdays, so I'm still at tier 4. About level 80.

I'm enjoying Ritual a lot more in maps. I like the rewarding system, and shit's actually dangerous for my character. The combination with Beyond is especially hilarious.

I'm really looking forward to the Maven fights and the map ascendancies.

Iormlund

One thing I really like is Ritual sometimes gives delirious maps. That's great for someone that rarely gets to the point where Delirium Orbs are worth using.

crazy canuck

This is something I might try after it gets further in development - multiplayer is not yet implemented.

But This is a review that caught my attention:

QuoteA fantastic blend of the best parts of Diablo and Path of Exile and a refreshing experience after the disappointment of Wolcen. As a long time ARPG fan starting in 2000 with Diablo 2 I feel that this is the closest a modern ARPG has come to reaching the heights of Diablo 2.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/899770/Last_Epoch/?gclid=CjwKCAiAyc2BBhAaEiwA44-wW3IQTEcbHt7yZMLbUXw1caCxHuI8mNMyTtj32gFnu1P-br9s1uRf7hoCag0QAvD_BwE

FunkMonk

Yeah I've been following that one and it looks promising. Hopefully it comes together nicely when it's out of early access.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.