News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Iormlund

It always amazes me the kind of interactions players are able to find.

I've been enjoying this league quite a bit, though not the league mechanic itself. I'm not a fan of the semi-hardcore nature of heists coupled with the one-shot design GGG enjoys using. It's pretty frustrating to get sniped by an aura-stacking blockade 15 meters from the exit.

My next milestone is unlocking the Blight Zana mod. I love Blight maps. I've got a very good build for those (winter Orb totems), but found they are much less reliant on your DPS after the last changes. Good tower play can kill bosses comfortably.

After that, I think I'll start putting currency on my next build, a fairly expensive perma-freeze Scion I've just got to maps.

frunk

Yeah, this has been a fun league despite the heists.  When I get a stash tab mostly full of contracts I'll move them to the league stash and run a few, but that's it.

frunk

Endless Delve race is pretty fun.  It's nice not having to deal with waypoints, quests, maps or Labyrinth trials.  Just pure fighting.

It'd be nice if they left it as a permanent league that you could play, separate from the others.

Syt

Watching the league reveal stream.

They add passive skill trees to the atlas regions (which affect the encounters like Legion or Beyond Monsters), and already my brain is folding in on itself.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Started a summoner build at league start. Easy leveling. Got a quick Goldrim with the ritual league mechanic. Seems good but might not be worth it later on in trade league. Seems great for SSF though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Iormlund

Goldrim is a leveling item. And a very good one at that.

I'm revisiting my successful Metamorph Fire-DoT Elementalist. Going for Flame Wall as the main skill rather than Fireball Ignite. And the new Exposure and Aegis nodes instead of the Golemancer stuff (golems die a lot on juiced red maps and end game bosses).

Play-style is different since it is a two-spell build, but Flame Wall casting is relatively fast and DPS ceiling is sky-high (up to 5-8 million DPS with good LL gear according to PoB).

FunkMonk

Yeah Goldrims are always nice to have for leveling. Not going SSF this league so it was just a nice bonus drop when I was at level 13 or whatever I was at when it dropped in a ritual.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on January 16, 2021, 01:29:53 PM
Goldrim is a leveling item. And a very good one at that.

I'm revisiting my successful Metamorph Fire-DoT Elementalist. Going for Flame Wall as the main skill rather than Fireball Ignite. And the new Exposure and Aegis nodes instead of the Golemancer stuff (golems die a lot on juiced red maps and end game bosses).

Play-style is different since it is a two-spell build, but Flame Wall casting is relatively fast and DPS ceiling is sky-high (up to 5-8 million DPS with good LL gear according to PoB).

Elementalists can get free Golem resurrection now, so that makes it a bit easier.

I've been getting kicked a lot the past day, at least once every 20 minutes or so.  So far I haven't hit anything that great in Rituals, but I do like that you see a chunk of what is available to decide if you want to do others in the area.

Iormlund

Quote from: frunk on January 16, 2021, 04:47:39 PM
Elementalists can get free Golem resurrection now, so that makes it a bit easier.

Yeah, but your power and survivability is dependent on those golems, and them being gone for 4 seconds at a time is still pretty bad.

The other nodes are more reliable, IMHO. It helps that I've found a helm with Exposure on hit as a Ritual reward. I'm doing -35% resists just with that helm and the first Ascendancy node.

Quote from: frunk on January 16, 2021, 04:47:39 PM
I've been getting kicked a lot the past day, at least once every 20 minutes or so.  So far I haven't hit anything that great in Rituals, but I do like that you see a chunk of what is available to decide if you want to do others in the area.

Apparently they've reached their peak user base this league, and are having unexpected problems with their database server scaling.

Syt

I played through Act 1 and 2. The new league mechanic seems a bit ... basic? Not very interesting so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

It is fairly basic. Probably a good choice, since the expansion itself adds quite enough already.

FunkMonk

Yeah it's fairly simple and I like it a lot because of it. The game already has what feels like a billion more complicated league mechanics in place I don't need another one to have to learn. I just want to click box and collect check.

frunk

The combats and rewards for Ritual do get more interesting as you go further.

crazy canuck

I tried to get back into this game.  But mobs die so fast now, it is a lot more like an arcade game then an action rpg.  I guess all the kids these days need a lot of flashes all the time to keep their interest.  I miss the earlier versions when this game was a lot more tactical.