News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: frunk on March 14, 2020, 08:03:49 AM
Spellslinger seems pretty cool.  I'm still working out how best to leverage it, but even just supporting a bare Bladefall/Blade Blast works quite well.  I'm thinking I'll eventually go with a maxed out Bladefall/Spellslinger and move Blade Blast to a CoC setup.

Does it trigger both spells each attack?

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on March 14, 2020, 02:10:56 PM
Quote from: frunk on March 14, 2020, 08:03:49 AM
Spellslinger seems pretty cool.  I'm still working out how best to leverage it, but even just supporting a bare Bladefall/Blade Blast works quite well.  I'm thinking I'll eventually go with a maxed out Bladefall/Spellslinger and move Blade Blast to a CoC setup.

Does it trigger both spells each attack?

Yes, but it reserves mana based on the mana used by the spell.  When I first started using both it took 40% of my mana, now it is up to 48% as the gems have leveled up.

frunk

Switched to an old school Caustic Arrow with some new tricks.  Not my strongest build offensively or defensively, but it's my fastest clearer by a healthy margin.  Dropping 200K dps Caustic Arrow clouds and running on to the next target at +147% movement speed.  It's fast enough that I can't play too long, my wrist starts hurting.

frunk

Hierophant/Arcane Cloak/Archmage and mana stacking is pretty awesome.

FunkMonk

Yeah that's what I hear. It basically oneshots everything, right?

I've barely played this league as I was out of the country when it started and my limited game time since has been devoted to Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Iormlund

Haven't played that much either.

The bow bleed glad build I went with is pretty amazing, but I think I've played too much the last year.

frunk

My build is a little weird, so it's Alpha isn't that high.  I'm using Mind of the Council, Kinetic Bolt and Arc on Spellslinger.  For beefy targets I drop a couple Storm Brands (where the Archmage lives).  Between Arcane Cloak, Arcane Surge, Innervation and Hierophant AoE my unsupported FrostBlink can clear all Normal and some Magic packs.

Still, I'm seriously beefy as well.  4000+ eHP at level 67 using a Tabula Rasa, I cleared L3 Labyrinth at 65 without a problem.  I'll probably switch to a MoM/EB setup soon, but my ES skyrocketed so fast I neglected the life a little.

Syt

I'm not really into the Delirium league much. It seems like just another variant of killing as many monsters as possible as fast as possible. I think Incursion or Legion did that better. And with two dozen cluster jewels I still wait for anything useful.

Depending on map I actually avoid the vortex thingy, because it feels tedious.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Sigh. Not enjoying the new Atlas and the farming for Watchstones at all. It just feels like a tedious way to slow down progress through the Atlas even more. I'm ok up till roughly you have the first two sets of Watchstones, but beyond that it is just ... ugh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on April 24, 2020, 07:54:29 AM
Sigh. Not enjoying the new Atlas and the farming for Watchstones at all. It just feels like a tedious way to slow down progress through the Atlas even more. I'm ok up till roughly you have the first two sets of Watchstones, but beyond that it is just ... ugh.

Yeah, haven't really done much progression since the new Atlas hit. I did play a lot more than usual last league, but I ended up still with less than 20 stones. This league I haven't even gone past tier 6. I don't have it in me.

frunk

It still seems better than the old system.  Waiting until you get most of a tier of maps before starting to run them.  Waiting for the Elder to appear then running very specific maps to grow his territory with it occasionally collapsing completely out of your control.  Running specific maps over and over because you can cheaply get 3 sextants modding it.

What kills my interest is I reach a point where I can't get much further without doing some serious crafting.  I don't have the heart to click I don't know how many times until I get the perfect set of affixes.  I have the currency, just don't want to bother doing it.

FunkMonk

League starts in a couple hours. 4,440 people ahead of me in queue.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 19, 2020, 12:50:47 PM
League starts in a couple hours. 4,440 people ahead of me in queue.  :(

Ahh, forgot about it.  Haven't even cleared space on my roster or downloaded the patch yet.

Then again I wasn't planning to play much this league.

crazy canuck

Anything remarkable this time round - I am basically just waiting for 2.0 to arrive.

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2020, 01:05:06 PM
Anything remarkable this time round - I am basically just waiting for 2.0 to arrive.

This time the rework stick has hit Brands, two handed weapons and Warcries.  The featured content is tending a garden.