News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Holy shit, just got the most valuable drop I've ever had, a Fishing Rod!

Syt

Leveled a cyclone leech slayer over the weekend. I'm unable to finish the final labyrinth at the moment. Fecking traps. :lol:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=VentumMortiferum
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2019, 02:26:36 AM
Leveled a cyclone leech slayer over the weekend. I'm unable to finish the final labyrinth at the moment. Fecking traps. :lol:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=VentumMortiferum

I'm mid 70s with a FaceBreaker/Dancing Duo Consecrated Path build.  The big problem with Consecrated Path builds is similar to Flicker Strike.  I have trouble seeing where I land after a bunch of jumps if there's a lot of enemies/visual stuff going on.  On maps that can get you into trouble.

Syt

My problem is I'm used to leap slam/cyclone across maps. So traps that damage you when you use a movement skill (which both count as) is a quick death if you don't pay a lot of attention.  :sleep:

Vaal Pact with no health regen doesn't help, either. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2019, 06:32:29 AM
My problem is I'm used to leap slam/cyclone across maps. So traps that damage you when you use a movement skill (which both count as) is a quick death if you don't pay a lot of attention.  :sleep:

Vaal Pact with no health regen doesn't help, either. :P

The enemies in Labs are generally pretty easy except for Izaro.  Maybe swap out Cyclone for some other attack skill then swap it back in for the Izaro fight.

Syt

Or I could just remember to use ancestral war chief to disable some traps and just run through the rest. I do have pretty high walking speed. :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2019, 07:11:31 AM
Or I could just remember to use ancestral war chief to disable some traps and just run through the rest. I do have pretty high walking speed. :hmm:

The most extreme solution would be to ditch Vaal Pact then add it back in just before Izaro.  Is it worth 3 Orbs of Regret?

Syt

Maybe. I mean the league is ending soon, anyways.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

So Blight League has been announced.

By far this is the most exciting part of the teaser:

QuoteTo support all the new skills that are available, we have added an additional bar of skill bindings.

Syt

Hm, never been a big fan of tower defense ...  :hmm:

I was thinking of rolling Shadow or Scion, though, as these are the only classes on which I haven't played through the campaign yet.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2019, 12:52:29 AM
Hm, never been a big fan of tower defense ...  :hmm:

I was thinking of rolling Shadow or Scion, though, as these are the only classes on which I haven't played through the campaign yet.

I like Tower Defense (waiting patiently for the latest GemCraft) but I'm not convinced that it'll work in PoE.

crazy canuck

Interested to know what changes they are going to make to the witch summoner class

Iormlund

I might be going summoner this league. Perhaps Solar Guard specter with a Lightning Spire trap or something to boss. I'm guessing Soulwrest and Arakaali's Fang will be quite expensive.

My biggest problem is altholism. I might restrict myself to a single league character and use the dozen high level characters I have on standard to do long term stuff I never get to (boss-killing, delving, etc).

crazy canuck

I normally just get to mapping with one character and then stop.  I like trying out the new mechanics/skills in each league but after getting to mapping it just feels like repetitive run after repetitive run.