News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

From best to worst, so far:

The new crafting system is great.  Being able to put on things like "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" seriously expands the range of builds without relying on particular uniques.  Getting them through veiled items is nice too.

Winter Orb is slick.  It's kind of like the Blade Vortex power up/move tempo but wider range.  Greater Multiple Projectiles deletes areas while still having good single target damage.

Brands seem good.  I haven't focused on them, but my one Dominating Blow/Minion character gets a lot of use out of them.  The passive tree has a lot of nice enhancements for them that I haven't explored yet.

Incursion is back, yay!

Bestiary is fine now.  The annoyances have been removed, but it still feels unnecessary.

I haven't messed with the impale skills at all.

The Betrayal piece (apart from veiled mods) is uneven.  The encounters are generally fun (Investigation always pops up at the wrong time).  The safe house runs are seriously samey.  Every Safe House of a type (TFRI) is like every other Safe House of the same type apart from the boss fight.  I haven't run a Research Safe House yet as the Research encounters aren't as visible on the map as the others.  Guff can suck my nob with the high pressure crafting nonsense.

The encounters to get the hideouts seem...silly?  Clear a tiny area of normal mobs.  Just make it a "touch this objective" or add real meat to it.  The fact that they still show up after you've gotten a given hideout is annoying.

There were a lot serious bugs and blips the first week.  It seems they've straightened most of them out, but it's been a long time since they've had such poor testing before launch.  I'm sure it was due to how many changes they stuffed in, but I'd prefer less with more testing.

Syt

Still very slowly progressing. Level 69 :perv:  and rated as over 20k damage in Act 9. Also, lots of leech power on my slayer.

Funny bits:

I had a Terminus Est drop (2H sword) ... "guess we spec swords, not axes!" Five minutes later: "Oh, here's another Terminus Est, but with better stats! Thanks RNG-sus!" :D https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Terminus_Est

I was struggling with DEX/INT for my gems, and resists. Did a Research Safehouse with Elreon leading ... dropped my Le Heup of All with maxed damage roll (30% extra), almost maxed attributes (29) and ok resists (23%) ... not gonna chance and reroll this. :D https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Le_Heup_of_All

He also dropped a Belt of the Deceiver.

I also liked that the recommended amulet for the build (Daresso's Salute) dropped for me from a Bestiary recipe. :D

Character so far:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=TheWindInTheWillows

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Got up to level 84 and tier 5 maps on my Arc Totem Hierophant. By far the furthest I've ever gone (I don't follow guides). I'm still steamrolling through everything, so will probably go higher.

However I couldn't be bothered to trade for an Essence Worm (I'm SSF so far) so I started a Duelist yesterday ...

frunk

Hmm, time to get some new prophecies.  Ok, Roth's Legacy, a Roth's Reach, that's nice.  Against the Tide, a Roth's Reach, wha?

crazy canuck

I believe I have discovered God Mode.  Winter orb - CwC - Ice Spear - Greater multiple projectiles support  :menace:

Syt

Just barely made it through the 3rd labyrinth thanks to picking up regen shrine ... and then the game disconnects before I can spend my ascendancy points.  :ultra: :ultra:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 20, 2018, 11:30:50 AM
I believe I have discovered God Mode.  Winter orb - CwC - Ice Spear - Greater multiple projectiles support  :menace:

Is WO something you can start out with, or don't get until later levels?

I hate builds where it is like "Do this lame ass thing for 40 levels, THEN you can actually do the thing you created the character for..."
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

you pick it up later, but soonish.  As a Witch you get it in act3 after killing the general.  Before that you can use really any elemental skill you want.  It is pretty easy to get there and there is no reason to respec you passives after you get there.

frunk

Winter Orb with GMP and any other appropriate supports is strong, and isn't dependent on anything other than speccing into elemental/cold/spell damage.

I'm running a Winter Orb CwC Arctic Breath supported by GMP and Efficacy.  This is augmented by Cold Snaps and Frost Bombs.

Berkut

POE looks fucking amazing at 4k with everything maxed on graphics on a 40" monitor.

0 rows returned

Iormlund

Heh. I can't even run it at 1080. My trusty GTX 870M can cope with anything D3 throws at her, but in PoE I experience huge FPS drops as soon as there's a couple lighting effects on the screen (especially MTX).

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on December 23, 2018, 03:45:35 AM
Heh. I can't even run it at 1080. My trusty GTX 870M can cope with anything D3 throws at her, but in PoE I experience huge FPS drops as soon as there's a couple lighting effects on the screen (especially MTX).

I run on moderate settings, and it's usually fine unless I'm running a Rampage build on a particularly intense Delve.

Berkut

0 rows returned

frunk

Berkut

OK, so I am leveling up a Winters Orb Witch. Looks interesting, and I like new stuff.

Problem. I am at level 21sh right now, and have been leveling with Arc. Because, well, Arc is awesome.

I have this feeling when I switch over, I am going to be sad that it isn't as good as Arc.

Also, I want to do a ranger build. Something that actually shoots arrows in a satisfying manner, that DOES not involve some poison DOT crap. Is that even a thing at all anymore?

0 rows returned