And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: frunk on November 25, 2018, 11:40:52 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2018, 10:38:05 AM
Does your map progress get ported when you are moved to standard, or is it reset?

I want to try the new league - the Syndicate mechanics look fun -, but I don't play nearly enough to finish maps in 3 months.

The map progress does get ported, although since they are redoing the Atlas I'm not exactly sure how it will be reflected.

League Merge FAQ

Thanks! Betrayal league it is, then.

Iormlund

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2018, 11:27:31 AM
Yeah, see, there is no way I am ever going back to Standard. I like alts too much, and the thought of going and playing them once they turn vanilla seems kind of pointless.

I'm using old chars to test my next build, since skills were reset. Pretty much the only time I've played Standard.

frunk

Finally beat Elder, and pretty comfortably (only one real death).

Syt

After some debating with myself, I think I will go with this build for next league: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010

After the arc witch, I think it's time to get physical again. I was thinking life leech crit slayer, and while this one isn't built for crit it does look like a lot of fun, and I should be able to farm most items for this build in SSF.

Also funny: during stream yesterday a guy was incredulous that I had a bunch of Exalted Orbs this season - he says he didn't have any in 500 hours of playtime. Shortly after I had two drop on the same map. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2018, 10:03:49 AM
After some debating with myself, I think I will go with this build for next league: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010

After the arc witch, I think it's time to get physical again. I was thinking life leech crit slayer, and while this one isn't built for crit it does look like a lot of fun, and I should be able to farm most items for this build in SSF.

Also funny: during stream yesterday a guy was incredulous that I had a bunch of Exalted Orbs this season - he says he didn't have any in 500 hours of playtime. Shortly after I had two drop on the same map. :D

Nice.  I think I've gotten 7 or 8 this league.  I've been using them lately trying to get better endgame jewelry.  So far they've gotten me next to nothing (I think the best one was +1 Energy Shield).

I had a lot of fun with a Beserker Warcry build as one of my alts, so i'm tempted to start with that.  I also have a crazy idea of trying to do a Beserker Abyssal Cry Chaos build, but I think the tree is next to impossible to make work.  I'd love it if the Scion Berserker Ascendancy had some Warcry love, but no.

I'll probably default to a Shadow Chaos bow build, that usually works well for me as a starter.

frunk

End of league is silly time.  Right now I'm playing around with a Voltaxic Rift and Volkuur's Guidance.  The net effect is that all of my Chaos damage can shock, and all of my Lightning damage can poison.  Not that effective, but I am amused.

Syt

I got to Tier 10 maps, and I can farm basic Atziri quite easily.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=MourningBecomesElectra

Struggled a bit to keep the resistances up - could have used a jewel for that, but who wants to lose DPS? :P

Path of Building has me at 190k or so damage (if CWDT Enfeeble triggers), but that doesn't (I believe) account for the hypothermia extra damage, Inpulsa's explosions, Elemental Overload, or the extra lightning penetration?

No casts peed on the gloves - I admit I was too lazy to craft it. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Just finished the 2nd Act. Does the syndicate have to be on EVERY map? :D

Still having fun. Some of the crafting bits you can get from the Syndicate are great. I already got a +1 to level of melee gems and +1 range with melee weapons .... which will be great for my Cyclone playthrough :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2018, 04:53:01 PM
Just finished the 2nd Act. Does the syndicate have to be on EVERY map? :D
That's the way they do newly added content, put it everywhere.
Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2018, 04:53:01 PM
Still having fun. Some of the crafting bits you can get from the Syndicate are great. I already got a +1 to level of melee gems and +1 range with melee weapons .... which will be great for my Cyclone playthrough :D

I'm liking it, the syndicate thing still isn't gelling for me.  I get that you are trying to get information on each branch but I still don't understand why I should particularly care which person goes where (or likes/dislikes each other).

I've also encountered more random bugs in this release than in any other I can think of.  For example I couldn't get out of the control blocks until I started a separate instance and ran it again (yes I picked up the eyes).

Syt

I believe the idea is that the various characters influence the drops you can get in the safehouses. Me, I mostly try to get poor old Hillock promoted. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

If they like each other they will appear together when you fight them.  The higher level they are and the more there are, the better the drops.

I like getting better crafting recipes from the veiled items.  But not so sure about this mechanism.

One thing I dislike is that trapper guy and his quarry appearing on the map.  Somebody in the development team must really like that to push it on us again.

Iormlund

I'm enjoying the league so far, though I'm still in Act 8.

I finally went with a low-risk Arc totem Hierophant plus was lucky enough to get my first Tabula in Act 2. So things have been really smooth.

Syt

After 15 hours I'm only in Act 4. I did need 3 tries for the first labyrinth, though.  :blush:

Using cyclone with curse auras, blood rage, and ancestral warchief is quite fun, though. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

I'm ABK on Act 10 (All but Kitava).  I may putz around, level up a bit, do the merciless Labyrinth before finishing it off.

I liked Delve at this point, as I usually saved up a bunch of Sulfite and could delve for a while to get up to level 70.  Given the costs and how little Sulphite I've gotten I can only run it 3-4 times.

Syt

A helpful spreadsheet as to who drops what in which safehouse:

—Stephen Jay Gould