News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: frunk on November 20, 2018, 10:10:03 AM
Ran another 140 Fusings yesterday, no luck.

I just realized I've never successfully 6 linked an item.  I've had some drop and gotten a few Tabulas, but after probably > 2500 Fusings I still haven't made one.

Apparently I should have complained about not linking a while ago, it just 6 linked.

frunk

First attempt at Elder, came within ~15% of finishing it.  Sigh, well at least I was close and can come in better prepared next time.

Syt

Quote from: frunk on November 21, 2018, 09:32:07 PM

I just realized I've never successfully 6 linked an item.  I've had some drop and gotten a few Tabulas, but after probably > 2500 Fusings I still haven't made one.

Apparently I should have complained about not linking a while ago, it just 6 linked.

:D :cheers:

The SloMo zombie build looks hilarious, but not sure how much fun it actually is - it seems to require even less button presses than my arc witch (arc, decoy, orb of storms, movement skills, and flasks). :D Also, I'm not sure if the zombies won't melt against some bosses.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2018, 04:20:42 AM
Quote from: frunk on November 21, 2018, 09:32:07 PM

:D :cheers:

The SloMo zombie build looks hilarious, but not sure how much fun it actually is - it seems to require even less button presses than my arc witch (arc, decoy, orb of storms, movement skills, and flasks). :D Also, I'm not sure if the zombies won't melt against some bosses.

Totally going for a less radical version of this when Betrayal hits. I love passive builds in ARPGs, that's why I always try minion/aura characters.  :P

Syt

Well, I think there's quite a few of passive builds for PoE. ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: frunk on November 18, 2018, 07:01:53 AM
So I'm close to done for this league, but before  I finish there's still some personal records I want to set.  I want to get all 6 of my characters to at least 80 (two left, Consecrated Path and Spectral Shield Throw).  I've gotten a Breachstone so I'll be running that.  I'm going to try and get my Toxic Rain character to 91 (at 50% of level now).  I'll also be making a second attempt at the Elder.  My first attempt was in Abyss with my Frost Blades Touch of Anguish character, which got destroyed.  Oh, and I'll probably see how much deeper into the Delve I can get (at ~145 right now).

All level 80, done.
Breachstone, surprisingly easy.
Toxic Rain to 91, done.
Elder, didn't realize it disappeared after you run a certain number of maps.  Just got it back, but need a Laboratory to complete.
Down to 201 on Delve.  I might be able to get to 250 or so, but that's probably pushing it without significant defensive improvements.

Berkut

SO the new league is 12 days away. When it drops, all my characters from this league will be destroyed forever. Seems lame.

I know they won't be, but they might as well be. They won't be interesting to play anymore.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

That's any game with a league/season structure, though.

Though I'd argue in this league it might make more sense to keep playing your character in standard league, because of the additions to end game (Delve, Bestiary, Incursions).

Or you could just roll a standard league character and keep playing that one forever. You may miss out on league content, but a lot of it gets folded into the main game later on, anyways. I think that's also the most likely way "normal" players (i.e. with a job and social life) to clear endgame content like the Atlas.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 25, 2018, 01:26:40 AM
That's any game with a league/season structure, though.

Though I'd argue in this league it might make more sense to keep playing your character in standard league, because of the additions to end game (Delve, Bestiary, Incursions).

Or you could just roll a standard league character and keep playing that one forever. You may miss out on league content, but a lot of it gets folded into the main game later on, anyways. I think that's also the most likely way "normal" players (i.e. with a job and social life) to clear endgame content like the Atlas.

Yeah, there are quite a few people that only play Standard.

If you are bothered by the "now my characters are useless!" feeling I'd argue sticking to Standard is the better bet.  This coming League Standard is getting the bulk of the changes that Betrayal is adding (Delve, Bestiary, Incursions, new Atlas, new Masters, new mastercrafting, new Hideouts, new skill gems).  It's only missing the Syndicate, veiled mods and the Betrayal specific uniques.

Plus chances are your characters will get a free skill reset so you can clean up any mistakes you've made (or try something completely different).

frunk

One important note, if you plan to continue on Standard and are working on map completion make sure you run all maps in your inventory that advance your progress before the update is released.  You'll still be able to run the maps after the update, but they won't count toward map completion.

celedhring

Does your map progress get ported when you are moved to standard, or is it reset?

I want to try the new league - the Syndicate mechanics look fun -, but I don't play nearly enough to finish maps in 3 months.

Berkut

Yeah, see, there is no way I am ever going back to Standard. I like alts too much, and the thought of going and playing them once they turn vanilla seems kind of pointless.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2018, 10:38:05 AM
Does your map progress get ported when you are moved to standard, or is it reset?

I want to try the new league - the Syndicate mechanics look fun -, but I don't play nearly enough to finish maps in 3 months.

The map progress does get ported, although since they are redoing the Atlas I'm not exactly sure how it will be reflected.

League Merge FAQ