News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Sire of Shards looks hilarious with a magma orb build. Built right it shoots out like a million orbs that all cover each other's AoE. It looks like fuckin 4th of July.

Up to 77 on my Slayer. White maps are rather easy now so I feel like the next step is getting going on Yellows.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 01, 2017, 09:38:08 PM
Sire of Shards looks hilarious with a magma orb build. Built right it shoots out like a million orbs that all cover each other's AoE. It looks like fuckin 4th of July.

Up to 77 on my Slayer. White maps are rather easy now so I feel like the next step is getting going on Yellows.

SoS worked pretty well with Charged Dash/Lightning Orb, but it was too squishy.

I tried it both with Ethereal Knives and Essence Drain on Spell Totem.  Both were too slow compared to Caustic Arrow DOT.

So Flame Totem it is, once I get my Templar high enough.

Iormlund

Damn, Mind over Matter makes a world of difference. My new templar is much, much more tanky than the first one.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on September 08, 2017, 09:33:58 AM
Damn, Mind over Matter makes a world of difference. My new templar is much, much more tanky than the first one.

Yeah, it's pretty much a no brainer for any Witch or Templar (and maybe even Shadow) who isn't going Chaos Inoculation.

frunk

I picked up The Anvil a while back, and wanted to make a max block character.  Fairly early on I had to choose between Dual Wield or Shield and I went Dual since I had Prismatic Eclipse and Mark of the Doubting Knight, no interesting shields to speak of and a build in mind that wasn't that dependent on attack speed.

I'm fairly far down the build when my top level character gets Atziri's Mirror and Thousand Teeth Temu while doing Zana dailies.  I just spent 26 respec points to switch over, and the DPS is about the same with a big spike in tankiness while using the Mirror.

FunkMonk

Playing solo self found this league and I have to say it feels more rewarding personally. I can take my time and not have to worry about the economy leaving me behind. And instead of stockpiling currency to buy exorbitantly priced items on the market I use them to actually craft stuff. Makes it feel more personal.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 19, 2017, 12:47:49 AM
Playing solo self found this league and I have to say it feels more rewarding personally. I can take my time and not have to worry about the economy leaving me behind. And instead of stockpiling currency to buy exorbitantly priced items on the market I use them to actually craft stuff. Makes it feel more personal.

Yep, I enjoy it.  They've nicely beefed up the act 9 boss fights, where before the only one that ever gave me trouble was the lightning guy.

frunk

I finally got a character to level 90.  I've always had a difficult time with the endgame, where the risk/reward encourages doing easy maps to make sure you don't die.  My problem was that running a bunch of easy maps makes me bored and sloppy, and then I end up dying anyway.  My ancient computer doesn't help either, as the patches in the past year have increased the number of random crashes I'm seeing.  I managed it this time by having a Touch of Anguish/Abyssus/Frost Blades build.  The increased risk associated with Abyssus was voided by the extreme safety of the freeze heavy, chaining power of ToA and Frost Blades.  I cruised with no difficulty up to level 88.  Once I got to level 89 I was doing only 10% experience (2-3 Tier 8-10 maps) each day.

frunk

I also have tons of uniques that I'm not using (~8 stash tabs of different uniques, plus 1 stash tab of duplicates).  If anybody is interested in something pm me and I'll see if I have it.  I can mule them out of SSF.

FunkMonk

I just hit 85 on my made-up scion phys cycloner and it is still easy sailing. Just plugging my way through maps trying to increase my map find bonus.

I've amassed a huge haul of uniques I plan on using for future characters on SSF. Feels good.  :D

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 14, 2018, 07:26:13 AM
I just hit 85 on my made-up scion phys cycloner and it is still easy sailing. Just plugging my way through maps trying to increase my map find bonus.

I've amassed a huge haul of uniques I plan on using for future characters on SSF. Feels good.  :D

I need to try another Cyclone build at some point.  The last time I tried it many leagues ago I didn't enjoy it much.

I've found I don't go back to Standard much once a league finishes, except to theory craft.

FunkMonk

I've never really played in Standard either but I think it is the perfect place for SSF players to continue building and amassing a ton of stuff, especially for more casual players like me who don't have time to rip through new league content every 3 months. I have a few ideas for new builds that obviously won't be possible at the start of a league.

And it looks like the new league info posted. It's basically Pokemon death camps which sounds pretty cool. Also all new Ascendancy changes  :cool:

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 15, 2018, 03:38:59 PM
I've never really played in Standard either but I think it is the perfect place for SSF players to continue building and amassing a ton of stuff, especially for more casual players like me who don't have time to rip through new league content every 3 months. I have a few ideas for new builds that obviously won't be possible at the start of a league.

I will say I used to spend time in Standard, but as I've played more I find sorting through the accumulation of stuff there becomes a bigger headache.  I usually merge the currency/divination/essence tabs, but that's about it.

And it looks like the new league info posted. It's basically Pokemon death camps which sounds pretty cool. Also all new Ascendancy changes  :cool:

The new shield skill sounds cool too.  Looks like an attack skill that works like a spell (doesn't work off of the attack/damage of the main hand weapon).  There are a few builds that have off-hand stat sticks for attacks, but I think this could be the first where the main hand could work the same.

FunkMonk

Pokemon death camp league started and it's pretty cool.

On the second day I dropped a Lycosidae and sold it for about almost 2 ex. It's funding my ice shot deadeye :cool:

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 04, 2018, 12:17:21 AM
Pokemon death camp league started and it's pretty cool.

On the second day I dropped a Lycosidae and sold it for about almost 2 ex. It's funding my ice shot deadeye :cool:

I'm lukewarm on the Pokemon stuff.  It seems designed to hose minion builds and I've stopped using Culling Strike on my totems or golems.

Funnily enough I'm also doing ice shot, but raider instead.  I played the last league pretty heavily so I'll probably go easy on this one.

I debated raider, deadeye or pathfinder, and I realized I'd never actually done raider before.  The new ascendancies are much more interesting, and I look forward to exploring those in another league.