News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Trade league on Ruthless mode might be hilarious. Bidding on a 3-link blue chest armor with slightly higher Intelligence roll just to get enough Int so I can use my level 4 Ball Lightning with 2 support gems in Act 10  :lol:

I think I'll give it a shot.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Iormlund

FunkMonk

frunk

New PoE league is started.  I'm downloading the update now, sigh.

FunkMonk

Quote from: frunk on December 09, 2022, 05:27:31 PMNew PoE league is started.  I'm downloading the update now, sigh.

:lol:

I'm resisting giving this league a try. To be honest I'm kind of done with PoE until 2 comes out but, well, who knows how I'll feel a week from now?

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 09, 2022, 05:40:34 PM
Quote from: frunk on December 09, 2022, 05:27:31 PMNew PoE league is started.  I'm downloading the update now, sigh.

:lol:

I'm resisting giving this league a try. To be honest I'm kind of done with PoE until 2 comes out but, well, who knows how I'll feel a week from now?

There was nothing in the update that excited me that much, so I figured I'd give Ruthless a try.  Lack of Gems is as annoying as I thought, I'm not as bothered by the limited drops. 

Syt

The current league mechanic seems heavily inspired by Slay the Spire?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2022, 12:20:29 AMThe current league mechanic seems heavily inspired by Slay the Spire?

More like Hades I think but they're also very similar too. Roguelikes, yeah.

Iormlund

I feel it puts too much emphasis on movement speed. But we'll see.

Syt

Quote from: Iormlund on December 10, 2022, 09:38:03 AMI feel it puts too much emphasis on movement speed. But we'll see.

So it's a typical PoE league? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Ruthless Report:

Finished with Act 1 with a single total death, to Merveil.  So far I've gotten 4 Rare drops, two of which I'm using.  One Support Gem has dropped, Unbound Ailments, which is actually almost useful for me.  Still zero movement skills, unique items, rings, amulets or belts.

Finished Act 2.  No more deaths, using 3 rares, one normal, rest magic.  Got to enough poison application that Unbound Ailments is useful.  Basically stopped doing league content, as it is mostly impossible to hold onto enough resolve without a movement skill.  Still no unique items or amulets.

Act 3 done.  One more death to Gravicius.  Dominus was pretty easy because my resistances are decent considering.  Same 3 rares, finally have an amulet, and all magic otherwise.  Still no Support Gems or uniques.

Act 4 done, and finished first Lab.  Went smoothly except for one dumb death to the spinning hammer guy and 4 to Piety.  Couldn't get out of the way of the beam in time.  5 rares, rest magic, Still no Support/Uniques.  This is the stage when only having one Support is really starting to put a crimp in what I can do.  Normally a good build can blitz through at this point, but I have to take my time and be quite careful.

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2022, 10:04:10 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on December 10, 2022, 09:38:03 AMI feel it puts too much emphasis on movement speed. But we'll see.

So it's a typical PoE league? :P

What Frunk mentioned. It's all about dodging mostly telegraphed attacks.

frunk

Level 100 in just over an hour.  The first 10 1/2 minutes is shepherding the level 2 character through the first ten acts.  Then it's power level time.

Iormlund

This perfectly sums up my PoE experience.

Behold! The 4 stages of Path of Building:

Iormlund

Got to the last boss of Sanctum yesterday. I'm playing a glass-cannon Shockwave Totem build, so it isn't that hard to do (good DPS, always on the move). Can't see how to do the same with melee unless you have stupid amounts of damage.

Though I don't particularly enjoy the league, this is the most I've played in years. With the demise of Archnemesis and the Atlas revamp, I feel it is much easier to progress, while focusing on a couple mechanics you enjoy (in my case Blight and Metamorph).
Especially once you get the Kirac node that gives you two missions per day, since I just log in on weekdays and have a dozen missions accumulated for the weekend.