News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I've seen streamers using Lightning Conduit and it is wrecking endgame content.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

I tried, but just can't get back into this game.  To much grindy grind not enough fun fun.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 20, 2022, 04:29:13 PMI've seen streamers using Lightning Conduit and it is wrecking endgame content.

I assume it will be hit with a nerf bat soon, then.

I started Zizaran's exploding arrow build. Only got through part 1, but it's fun so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

I can only remember one nerf mid-league: The incredibly broken herald stacking build.

I'm doing Lightning Inquisitor as well.

So far still on act VII, using Storm Brand and Galvanic Field, though I'm also leveling a lot of other lightning skills just in case.
The whole idea of going Inquisitor was bypassing the whole Archnemesis bullshit via crit. The new shock abilities cannot do that, because several very common mods either reduce ailment effectiveness significantly (flame/Storm/Chaosweaver, etc) or downright make them useless (Juggernaut).

Syt

Seeing a lot of noises about a lack of loot. Partly expected, since GGG wanted to go "less loot, but more useful loot" - they promise tweaks to the system, though.

I had a bunch of six-slot items drop from a rare during Act 8 yesterday - none I could use, but still gave me a :o moment. Not seeing many 5-links dropping so far, and only got a handful of uniques (which were useless to my char). I feel I'm struggling a lot more with equipment, but it's the first char on a league, so ... that said, I tend to vendor a lot of stuff, and usually use the currency to hope for a lucky roll on a useful item base. I feel I've been doing this a lot less this time (but that might also be my char being a little less flexible on what items to use than I normally play).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

There are less drops, but the league mechanic has more than made up for it for me.  Also I got two uniques from Act 10 Kitava, which surprised me.  I'm usually happy when I get one.

I did pick up Maw of Conquest which fit my character quite well.  Only unique I'm using at the moment.

Syt

Well, I look for a 5 link bow with fast attack speed and good phys rolls. And only 1 green slot. So it's a biot more special this time around. When I make it through the campaign I might level a Ligntning Conduit build, though, just to compare.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Yeah, I'm enjoying this league simply for the fact that the uniques that drop during leveling are actually good and useful now and aren't instantly vendored :lol:

Quick trip report for Energy Blade Spectral Helix Lightning Conduit Galvanic Field: It rips during leveling   :cool:

I'm playing super casual. I'm only playing with my one hand on the mouse while the other holds a drink. I'm dying more times than usual because I'm not bothering to hit the '1' key with my left hand :lol: Don't care about speed. Still only in the 40s. Very easy to delete bosses in a few seconds.

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on August 22, 2022, 08:55:41 AMWell, I look for a 5 link bow with fast attack speed and good phys rolls. And only 1 green slot. So it's a biot more special this time around. When I make it through the campaign I might level a Ligntning Conduit build, though, just to compare.

To get a decent bow the best bet is usually to farm/buy Imperial Legacy div cards (guaranteed six-link) and use some essences.

Syt

That's most likely what it'll come down to. :)

Still in campaign, but some of the rares (esp. in essences) are HARD. Like, I can kill Act bosses in a couple of seconds, and the occasional rare has me going into a crazy prolonged battle where I run out of flasks (my regen is not good yet ... ).
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 22, 2022, 09:20:30 AMI'm playing super casual. I'm only playing with my one hand on the mouse while the other holds a drink. I'm dying more times than usual because I'm not bothering to hit the '1' key with my left hand :lol: Don't care about speed. Still only in the 40s. Very easy to delete bosses in a few seconds.

I've been dying a lot just because I built far too squishy.  Now that I'm in maps I've been fixing that, but it was easy to get away with when you could wipe the screen with one button press.  I got a nice dose of reality when on my first map I died four times to nearly or completely offscreen hedgehog spikes.

FunkMonk

Apparently GGG redid the item quantity drop rates without mentioning it in the patch notes and now the trade economy is dumpstered. The community is in open revolt  :lol:

Syt

I'm so glad I only play SSF. Do I have the best gear? No. Do I have to deal with the whole trade economy? NO! :lol:

On the topic of uniques - I got positively showered with them during Act 9&10 and third labyrinth (still nothing useful ... ). I had some groups hardly dropping anytihng. E.g. in Act 9 - couple blues, a rare, mob of regulars. Nothing shows up in loot filter (Neversink Hardcore, least restrictive setting), and pressing ALT only revealed 4 rather crap items (bases that would have dropped in Act 5 or so).

I notice that some rares now drop gear with all white sockets. When you re-roll number of sockets, they seem to persist, but once you re-roll colors you're effed. Still, if you get a base where you need a lot of off colors, this could be great (e.g. dex armor, but you need 4 or 5  red/blues on it).
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

I have noticed fewer currency drops while leveling, which I guess is explained by these stealth changes. But I also dropped a Divine Orb in Act Three, which apparently now is the most valuable currency in the game  :lol:

frunk

Opulent rare monsters still seem pretty good.  I just got one that dropped 3 uniques and 20 some rares in an unidentified tier one rare map.