News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: frunk on June 29, 2022, 01:22:43 PMI've gotten a 5 link after ~5 fusings a couple of times, but never a 6L without spending hundreds.

It's only my second time being lucky. First time was with my first "real" character in 2018. It was actually on a piece of armor that was considered "best in slot" at the time. Even got an achievement for it. :lol:

I usually resign myself to a five-link (harvest crafting helps A LOT with that, as five-link can pop up as option), with a grey spare piece where I occasionally throw fusing orbs at it with no luck.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

PoE 2 we won't have to worry about linking because everything will be six-links  :ph34r:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Its one of the QOL things I look forward to most.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 29, 2022, 03:00:21 PMPoE 2 we won't have to worry about linking because everything will be six-links  :ph34r:

I thought the items would have a set number of gem slots, but the skill gems that would be slotted in could have differing number of support gems that they could hold.

It means the problem is still there, but moved to a different and less annoying spot.

OTOH We've heard so little over the past 2 years I don't expect what gets released to bear that much resemblance to the teasers from 3 years ago.

FunkMonk

I think you're right, frunk. But yeah you're also right that it's been so long my memory of what they said basically devolved into "everything can be six-linked"  :D

FunkMonk

I'm basically off PoE now anyway until 2 comes out. I've been playing Project Diablo 2 for my APRG fix and it's fantastic.

FunkMonk

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 29, 2022, 03:54:33 PMWhat is that?

https://www.projectdiablo2.com

It's a popular mod for D2 with its own servers on open battlenet and its own ladder and seasonal play. Season 5 just started.

You can also play it strictly offline singleplayer.

It keeps 99% of D2 gameplay but adds endgame mapping, improves some skills so they're actually viable, and adds a ton of QoL improvements like Auto-Pickup for gold, a huge stash, and item filters. And various other improvements to the game so that it doesn't feel like a chore from 2002.

I really enjoy it and I used to play it between PoE leagues before I just kind of stopped playing PoE  :lol:

Syt

Josh Strife Hayes recently had a chat with Chris Wilson from GGG. A hard hitting interview this is not, but I thought it was still interesting, talking about design aproaches, player retention, etc.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I've hit 92 with my league character. I've been playing well over a hundred hours this league, even though I didn't dabble much in the league mechanics. My engagement was helped a lot by being lucky with item drops (I know, playing SSF I should really get more into crafting, but that's such a time sink ... :P ). Not sure how I feel about the current Atlas. I like the Atlas skill tree, and I actually cleared all map levels for the first time ever (missing 4 or 5 uniques). Not sure how I feel having to farm for the "next tier" maps, though (the various guardians to get the fragments to get to the end bosses). :hmm:

I got to Black Star and Infinite Hunger once each, beating them (more by luck) on first attempt. Got Maven up to level 14 maps. I could keep on grinding for slightly better gear, but I think I'm done for now?

My char: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters/Lady_Firestick

It took quite a few attempts to get that wand to have those stats for the Holy Flame Totems. :D (Though it would have been even better with % fire or elemental on top ... -_- )

Also would have liked to get a Shaper shield, so you can get an +1 max totem roll. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The announced changes for the next league sound actually not bad. Rebalancing uniques to make them more relevant? Nice. Revamped harvest crafting, giving you craft currency for the horticraft station instead of "use it or lose it" random options? Awesome! Re-balanced rare/nemesis enemies and Beyond stuff? Sweet. Adding more stat gear bases for minion builds? Finally.

The League mechanic itself looks interesting; I'm a fan of "build your own dungeon" content, like Incursion, or what Synthesis tried to be (with not great success).

—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

This does look interesting, particularly the unique and harvest reworks.  Right now the early game uniques are basically Tabula and meh except for some very specific builds.

FunkMonk

I somehow got sucked into the league this time around after skipping the last couple. Excited for league start tomorrow  :)

I'm playing in a custom private league of around 1000 or so players. The stress of the rat race at the beginning of any trade league is absent, or at least greatly diminished, in a private league. Trade is a lot more flexible, bartering more common, and there are no currency bots.  :cool:

I made my own build: a Two-handed Energy Blade Spectral Helix Lightning Conduit Galvanic Field Inquisitor Battlemage  :lol:

Yeah I'm using the new skills. Typically a bad idea for league start but I'm treating this as low-stress chill gaming so I don't care. Not planning on going Zoom Zoom or even making it to red maps. Just want to trick out my own build and see how far it goes.

frunk

I've started off with a Shock as well, but I haven't decided exactly how I'll build around it.  Good luck with Energy Blade, it seems to be pretty tough to get it going well.

frunk

I'm liking the league so far.  I'm only midway through Act 5, but the Kalandra sections are nice and seemed to be tuned about right.  Galvanic Field is a nice addition.  I haven't tried out Lightning Conduit yet but I'm building up to it once I have more than one 4 link.