News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I'm only in Act 2, but I've got some useful gear from Scourge transformations. I would recommend running it before maps, if only to level up your device and unlock abilities/bonuses.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2021, 12:14:19 PM
I'm only in Act 2, but I've got some useful gear from Scourge transformations. I would recommend running it before maps, if only to level up your device and unlock abilities/bonuses.

Most of my gear is Scourged at this point.  I think it's one of the more powerful league mechanics to work on early.

Iormlund

I didn't know it would alch white items! It is indeed much better than I thought.  :blush:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I started with a Marauder this league, but man that's sooo sloooow. :D

Switched to a witch build with armageddon brand. Damage output is great, but I feel squishy in Act 8, despite a good health pool, resistances, and high phys/spell block. I might go back to playing a toxic rain ranger or trickster again. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Ziz had his girlfriend play the game during a subathon while he was sleeping: https://youtu.be/W4QBQKMSTCI

:D

(I caught her streaming some of it later, where she had made it to Act 8 :) )
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

From the annals of "useless achievements":

:w00t:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

I've finally reached maps. My Elementalist is not especially tough but, holy shit! Those demons hit hard and really, really fast. I'm clearly going to need stun immunity somehow.

Damage-wise things seem fine so far at least. Both Wave of Conviction and Hexblast melt stuff on a four-link.

Syt

Only just got maps myself. Holy Flame Totems Scion. But I already need a break again. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

I started with a Toxic Rain Pathfinder.  Only finished Act 7 before I switched to an Elementalist wielding a Poet's Pen I found.  Kinetic Blast/Purifying Flame on PP/Lightning Warp Spellslinger wipes through areas, although I rack up Scourge fast enough I end up slowing down cycling/managing the two items I'm scourging.  Still a hell of a lot of fun.

Syt

So for the first time in over 2000 hours I had the Beyond boss Abaxoth, The End Of All That Is spawn. It was at the end of a Tier 3 map with beyond modifier, and he spawned while I was doing a Metamorphosis fight, which seriously confused me. I managed to beat him, but he didn't drop anything cool. I see he can drop a divination card, and 8 of them can be traded for Starforge (and item I've seen pop up a number of times in build guides). I feel farming for that is "a bit" painful => run beyond maps, hope Abaxoth spawns, hope he drops a card.

I did get an achievement, though. :P

Also, Edge of Madness dropped in the map. Kinda makes me want to make a Cyclone build or something with it ... https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Edge_of_Madness  :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Hey, let's have another Atlas rework. :lol:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/path-of-exiles-new-expansion-lets-you-build-your-own-endgame/

Though they make things simpler, maybe?

Also, and that's a surprise, they get rid of Prophecies. Wonder what that means for fated items and some of the end game challenges accessed through prophecies.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

I'm actually excited about this because mapping always felt like such a slog for me, even with a good mapping build. Planning your regions to get your desired map reward bonuses was clunky. And fuck watchstones lol. This makes everything more comprehensible and I can easily tailor my mapping rewards with the new map tree because most of the endgame mapping content is frontloaded now. Been a long time since I was this excited for Path of Exile  :cry:

Now just have to slog through the campaign :bleeding:  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

They released the massive new Atlas tree. Here's my very, very tentative tree.

poeurl.com/dytc

Will probably only ever get half of this tree but I think it will be fun. Focusing on just one major mechanic (rituals) and then picking up lots of nodes that are based around stuff that appears during basic mapping, likes strongboxes, shrines, and essences.

I really enjoyed Ritual league so I think tailoring my experience to re-enact that league will keep me interested in PoE through the endgame. Maybe even the end-endgame :o
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

That tree gives me a headache. :lol:

I'm not sure I'm ready to dive back in. I'm glad there's an Atlas rework that lets players customize their experience more (though I expect there's still ridiculous ways to min max things and certain combinations you need to hit to ensure certain end game fights or items).
—Stephen Jay Gould