Anti-Semitic BBC Strikes Again? Or just incompetence?

Started by grumbler, September 07, 2011, 02:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

DGuller

No, it's not.  :huh: The title is: "Anti-Semitic BBC Strikes Again?  Or just incompetence?"  I'm sure that's what grumbler's issue was. :unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2011, 11:44:40 AM
Grumbler, read the title of the thread.

I can now understand your confusion.  You are not even sure what you are saying.
Ah.  You don't understand the meaning of "allegation."  In understand why you don't know what I am saying, and think it something else entirely.

That the BBC has been widely criticized for being anti-Semitic is hardly news - nor that the BBC has spent hundreds of thousands of pounds trying to prevent the release to the public, under the FOIA, of its own investigation into the matter (the Balen Report).  I ask a question, which is not the same as making an allegation.  Find a good lawyer and he can explain the difference to you (hint:  don't trust "internet chat board lawyers" who are as likely to be frauds as "Internet former SEALs").
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2011, 12:04:34 PM
:lol:  It's the title of this thread!
:huh:  Okay. If that's all you can see, then there is no communicating with you.  Our conversation is perforce over.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2011, 12:40:20 PM
Ah.  You don't understand the meaning of "allegation." 

And you dont understand that stating a reason for a course of conduct is antisemtism is in fact an allegation.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2011, 12:43:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2011, 12:04:34 PM
:lol:  It's the title of this thread!
:huh:  Okay. If that's all you can see, then there is no communicating with you.  Our conversation is perforce over.

What's wrong with my statement?  I think our conversation is over because you just made a fool of yourself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2011, 01:11:07 PM
What's wrong with my statement?  I think our conversation is over because you just made a fool of yourself.

I don't know.  I can see how that is a pretty misleading title.  You would have to read the article a bit with the title in mind to realize Israel was not actually spying on the US and that was just the cover of the FBI agent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Ni hao!

Oh sorry, I just got a vision of grumbler digging any deeper.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

"Hinckley admits to assassination conspiracy with Jody Foster"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Hinckley admits to attempt to assassinate Ronnie to win Jodie's love.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2011, 12:53:44 PM
And you dont understand that stating a reason for a course of conduct is antisemtism is in fact an allegation.
And you don't understand that a question isn't a statement.  You don't need a lawyer to correct that misapprehension; any handy fourth grader should be able to set you straight.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2011, 01:31:21 PM
"Hinckley admits to assassination conspiracy with Jody Foster"
Ni hao!

Oh sorry, I just got a vision of Minsky digging any deeper.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2011, 01:16:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2011, 01:11:07 PM

I don't know.  I can see how that is a pretty misleading title.  You would have to read the article a bit with the title in mind to realize Israel was not actually spying on the US and that was just the cover of the FBI agent.

I agree the title of the story is misleading.  I did argue that mentioning Israel in the story is legitimate since it's reasonable to ask who he thought he was selling secrets to.  Since Grumbler is arguing with me, I take it that he disagrees.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2011, 02:07:21 PM
Hinckley admits to attempt to assassinate Ronnie to win Jodie's love.
Doctor admits to operating on Ronnie to save his life from Hinckley bullet.

Bayraktar!