News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Red Orchestra 2

Started by FunkMonk, September 06, 2011, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I bought the game.

14 minutes to download? Good thing I'm not on dialup.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on September 14, 2011, 02:25:57 PM
:unsure:

In the first game, there was always a strong limit on how many people could be carting around StG-44s assuming the map even had any at all.

No kidding; weapons availability was built upon squad breakdown, and that's the way it should be.  May he with the fastest connection get the sniper rifle.

The Brain

I don't understand the stats in this game. They make no sense to me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2011, 06:08:39 AM

In the first game, there was always a strong limit on how many people could be carting around StG-44s assuming the map even had any at all.

No kidding; weapons availability was built upon squad breakdown, and that's the way it should be.  May he with the fastest connection get the sniper rifle.

I always went for the engineer.  I didn't care about getting any kills as long as I got to blow up walls.

Too much pressure to perform when you have the sniper rifle.  If you don't get an insane number of kills you catch shit from everyone else on your side.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Quote from: derspiess on September 15, 2011, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2011, 06:08:39 AM

I always went for the engineer.  I didn't care about getting any kills as long as I got to blow up walls.

Too much pressure to perform when you have the sniper rifle.  If you don't get an insane number of kills you catch shit from everyone else on your side.

I dont get shit from anyone....then again I usually kill people.

My Epeen:

Honor 37
Win loss: 3.90
K:D 1.53
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 15, 2011, 03:38:18 PM
If you don't get an insane number of kills you catch shit from everyone else on your side.

Tell 'em to fuck off, then TK everybody on your team. Teach them a lesson to keep their whore mouths shut.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

My new rig runs this game spectacularly.

Nothing is sweeter than running your bayonet through Nazi flesh, or rushing two Germans cowering in a building with a stolen Mkb42 and gunning them down like dogs to end the round in victory for the working classes.

I approve of this game. :thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

sbr

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 15, 2011, 10:22:23 PM

Nothing is sweeter than running your bayonet through Nazi flesh, or rushing two Germans cowering in a building with a stolen Mkb42 and gunning them down like dogs to end the round in victory for the working classes.

I just missed you tonight, I jumped into that game you were in right as you left.  Once I saw you were gone and noticed it was Hardcore I bailed almost immediately.

I finally don't suck spectacularly anymore; though I can't do the Hardcore Realism servers, just not much fun at this point.  I was actually able to contribute to a hard but failed defense of Spartanovka as a Russian.  I killed 8 other people , 6 in one life.  I think that doubles my total kills in one night.

FunkMonk

Quote from: sbr on September 15, 2011, 10:45:24 PM

I just missed you tonight, I jumped into that game you were in right as you left.  Once I saw you were gone and noticed it was Hardcore I bailed almost immediately.

I finally don't suck spectacularly anymore; though I can't do the Hardcore Realism servers, just not much fun at this point.  I was actually able to contribute to a hard but failed defense of Spartanovka as a Russian.  I killed 8 other people , 6 in one life.  I think that doubles my total kills in one night.

I still suck, no doubt about that; I neglected to mention earlier that on a previous server I TKed a comrade because he was walking through smoke and I mistook him for a kraut. This was after I died like 8 times in a row without firing a shot.  :lol:

Every little victory of mine is that much sweeter though.

sbr

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 15, 2011, 11:11:12 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 15, 2011, 10:45:24 PM

I still suck, no doubt about that; I neglected to mention earlier that on a previous server I TKed a comrade because he was walking through smoke and I mistook him for a kraut. This was after I died like 8 times in a row without firing a shot.  :lol:

Every little victory of mine is that much sweeter though.

:lol:  There is no doubt I have been shot more times than I have fired my weapon and I have quite a few TKs to my name.  My favorite was one of my best shots, I head shot a teammate and friend from over 100m away.  Another buddy of mine evened things up when almost immediately after he shot me in the nuts as I came up a staircase right behind him.

I did hit a prone enemy German from over 110m away tonight.  :showoff:

Lettow77

Oh dear. Half the team wields Mkb42s now- the game took a turn for the Nazi Tech Knights.

I tried to dispense the Reich's justice by bayonetting anyone found using this dark technology, but I found that trying to disarm the assault rifle enthusiasts has diminishing returns.

I think i'll hold off for the Rising Storm mod until I can find a server with reasonable restrictions.  In the meantime I will post on RO2 forums requesting germans get night vision, jetpacks, and that weaselly little attachment that lets your gun fire around corners.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

FunkMonk

Been playing as a Russian MGer. You can really fuck shit up given a decent position. Not as fun as assaulting a German objective with a bayonet and rifle, but it breaks the monotony.

FunkMonk

Machine-gunning Germans flanking on the left from the second story door of the Grain Elevator is bliss. :wub:

Octavian

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 19, 2011, 06:32:36 PM
Machine-gunning Germans flanking on the left from the second story door of the Grain Elevator is bliss. :wub:

I guess Zanza and Syt regret agreeing to meet with you :(
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

CountDeMoney

OK kids, how's the stability so far?  How many patches since release are they at now?