Environmentalists Feel Betrayed By Obama

Started by jimmy olsen, September 04, 2011, 12:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2011, 02:12:00 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2011, 12:35:23 AM
I have a hard time believing he'll win re-election with a base that so disappointing.
English, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

Clearly, Tim was engaged in negligent neglect.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2011, 07:59:35 AM
What did Bush get done, exactly?  Other than an unnecessary war where he confused Iraq with Iran, his only major initiatives he accomplished was No Child Left Behind, and the fucked up Prescription Plan.  Homeland Security?  A useless mess.
He spent the 2nd term hiding in the family room playing video games because presidenting was hard work.

His only successes were Gitmo, renditions and sending Canadians overseas to get their ball sacks zapped with cattleprods.  And that was Cheney's.

:lol:

Stop being a commie about the Iraq War.  Remember: bombing is the American way, baseless imprisonment and torture, the Chinese.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 04, 2011, 06:24:54 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2011, 04:26:27 AM
The thing is Bush got things done.
The right claps and applauds their leader until they stab him in the back.  The left moan, argue and grumble all the time and then vote for the lesser evil.  At least that's the British experience.

I think Obama's got things done and his approval rating among Democrats and liberals remains in the 75-85% area that it's been for years despite all of these stories about an unhapy left.  My guess is that journos spend more time with lefties who aren't happy and project that more widely.

Having said that I do think the civil liberties left have legitimate grievances, maybe the environmentalists do too :mellow:

While I don't entirely agree with your post, I do agree that "Environmentalists* upset with President" makes for a story, while "Environmentalists* happy with President" really doesn't.

*substitute name of Democratic base group of your choice here

Faeelin

You know, the problem here is that it doesn't matter if Lefties are upset, as such. This will be spun as Obama caving to Republican pressure, and not a sign that he's an ineffably wise moderate.

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on September 04, 2011, 10:51:27 AM
You know, the problem here is that it doesn't matter if Lefties are upset, as such. This will be spun as Obama caving to Republican pressure, and not a sign that he's an ineffably wise moderate.

And even if he does cave into the Republican pressure he will still be called an "extreme leftist".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Faeelin on September 04, 2011, 10:51:27 AM

By whom?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2011, 10:59:40 AM
And even if he does cave into the Republican pressure he will still be called an "extreme leftist".

True.  But the fact that he's distantly cerebral and academically aloof to the point he makes Jimmy Carter seem like a Barney Bad Ass doesn't help.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2011, 10:07:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2011, 10:59:40 AM

True.  But the fact that he's distantly cerebral and academically aloof to the point he makes Jimmy Carter seem like a Barney Bad Ass doesn't help.

Yeah.  Hillary would have been a better choice.  I made the mistake of thinking that if we elect Hillary we'll go through the same annoying shit of the 1990's.  Turns out, who ever we elect President who doesn't have an "R" behind their name we get the same crazy bullshit.  I'm surprised someone hasn't blown up a federal building.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 05, 2011, 10:11:12 PM
Yeah.  Hillary would have been a better choice.  I made the mistake of thinking that if we elect Hillary we'll go through the same annoying shit of the 1990's.  Turns out, who ever we elect President who doesn't have an "R" behind their name we get the same crazy bullshit.  I'm surprised someone hasn't blown up a federal building.

If Hillary had won, there never would've been a tea party.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2011, 10:15:11 PM

Why?  Would she have killed them?  The woman has balls.  More balls then Obama.  Obama, bless his heart actually thinks that you can sit down with people and work things out.  It just doesn't work with people who believe that Red Dawn is a documentary.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 12:08:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2011, 10:15:11 PM

Why?  Would she have killed them?  The woman has balls.  More balls then Obama.  Obama, bless his heart actually thinks that you can sit down with people and work things out.  It just doesn't work with people who believe that Red Dawn is a documentary.

Because Obama is black.