Started by 11B4V, September 01, 2011, 09:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 01, 2011, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2011, 04:26:07 PM
Stop making fun of grumbler!!!

That was stupid.  Even for you.

I disagree.

It was about par for the course with Marti.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 04:46:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 01, 2011, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2011, 04:26:07 PM
Stop making fun of grumbler!!!

That was stupid.  Even for you.

I disagree.

It was about par for the course with Marti.

You have a point.  I stand corrected.

11B4V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 01, 2011, 02:13:51 PM
Wouldn't people doing that stuff get bad reviews and no bonus money?

You would think.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Seriously, though, you can't judge someone's performance based on a few moments.  Running down a pedestrian is bad, but it's not like they guy spent more than a few moments during the whole working year doing that.  For all we know, he wasn't running down pedestrians for the rest of the year.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2011, 05:10:22 PM
Seriously, though, you can't judge someone's performance based on a few moments.  Running down a pedestrian is bad, but it's not like they guy spent more than a few moments during the whole working year doing that.  For all we know, he wasn't running down pedestrians for the rest of the year.

I guess that's looking at the "glass half full". Though I would venture US tax payers would not be amused. :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 01, 2011, 02:13:51 PM
Wouldn't people doing that stuff get bad reviews and no bonus money?

This is how it works in the USAF.

We essentially rank people between 1-5 (with mostly meaningless, generic "mark downs" in certain areas, training standards, etc), with "3" being average, "1" well below average, and "5" among the very best.

Naturally, everyone gets "5"'s.  Unless you get arrested for drunk driving, then you might get a "4".  If you try to write up someone below a 5(without an Article 15), you're going to go through ass-hoops trying to justify it.

As such, the culture has become that, if you do not get a "5", then you must be some kind of fuck-up...so if you try to be realistic and use the "3" (which is where most people should be), you are fucking that person over compared to all the shit-bag, pencil-whipped "5"s.

My impression of the civilian side of DoD is that things are not that far different.  Except they get cash bonuses, while we might get a certificate, or a cheap pewter-eagle trophy or the like.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2011, 05:10:22 PM

No, but in a sane system, that employee would be disqualified from the bonus, even if the incident didn't significantly harm the performance review.
Experience bij!