News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Old Republic - 25 mins gameplay video

Started by JonasSalk, August 18, 2011, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

http://youtu.be/ebUMuuS1AZs

QuoteTotalbiscuit is joined by Stephen Reid (@rockjaw) for an exclusive look at Star Wars The Old Republic and the Sith Warrior starting zone, ft. in-game audio feed, full voice acting and double-British action.

Filmed off-screen at Gamescom 2011 with full permission from Bioware.
Yuman

Shade

My dad was in this beta... I think he still is as well

Barrister

I'll probably get this when it comes out.

But to sit and watch some other person play a video game for 25 minutes? :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Back in the day that was a common way to hang out.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Quote from: The Brain on August 18, 2011, 05:13:17 PM
Back in the day that was a common way to hang out.
I remember the first time I saw Quake.  That's exactly how it happened....
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 04:33:48 PM

But to sit and watch some other person play a video game for 25 minutes? :bleeding:

Everything is in the commentary. Totalbiscuit is pretty good, imo.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 04:33:48 PM

It shows off the combat system, the voice acting, and provides commentary from a well-known games commentator and a developer of the game.
Yuman

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

LaCroix

so, for those of us lacking the time or internet connection to watch a 25 minute video of some dude playing the game, how does it look? was that pissed off ea employee = right?

Faeelin

Quote from: LaCroix on August 19, 2011, 09:42:31 PM
so, for those of us lacking the time or internet connection to watch a 25 minute video of some dude playing the game, how does it look? was that pissed off ea employee = right?

Which pissed off employee?

Cecil

Actually it didnt look half bad. Doubt I´ll be picking it up but that has more to do with not wanting to flush my life down the toilet again.

Barrister

I've been looking into this game.  I didn't realize that the release date was expected to be sometime this year, which is coming up sooner or later.

I don't think it's going to be fabulous, but it does seem as if it could be fun to play for a few months at least.  All the work on different questlines should be amusing for awhile.

Barrister

December 20th is the release date, if anyone's interested.

Apparently in this game in order to keep with the BioWare model of RPGs everybody gets a companion. In MMO terms it means every class is a pet class.  Which is fine and all - should give plenty of atmosphere, is very Star Wars-y (Han and Chewie, Luke and R2, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan), but they better work HARD at making those companions useful.