U.S. refuses Taiwan request for new jets

Started by jimmy olsen, August 16, 2011, 02:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Maximus on August 17, 2011, 08:14:37 PM
True, but it would have to be moving.
Yes, but a clock that loses 30 minutes each hour is not the kind of clock I would consider not broken.  The parts may be rotating inside, but it's still broken.

We're also assuming that the clock is not moving.  If that broken clock is inside a spacecraft that moving close to the speed of light, then the whole math changes, if you consider time on earth to be the "correct time".

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on August 17, 2011, 08:18:16 PM
Yes, but a clock that loses 30 minutes each hour is not the kind of clock I would consider not broken.  The parts may be rotating inside, but it's still broken.
:hmm: good point.
We're also assuming that the clock is not moving.  If that broken clock is inside a spacecraft that moving close to the speed of light, then the whole math changes, if you consider time on earth to be the "correct time".
Why would you use the time from a different place than the clock is in?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 17, 2011, 08:16:26 PM
Jesus Christ.

This has got to be the dullest hijack ever.  What the fuck is wrong with these people?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on August 17, 2011, 09:51:16 PMThis has got to be the dullest hijack ever.  What the fuck is wrong with these people?

They better watch themselves before somebody clocks them.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on August 18, 2011, 12:34:22 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 17, 2011, 09:51:16 PMThis has got to be the dullest hijack ever.  What the fuck is wrong with these people?

I'd just like to put my hand in here and say that on the face of it, this is alarming.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Maximus on August 17, 2011, 05:06:12 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 17, 2011, 04:28:40 PM
The relationship between the hands on a clock isn't random.
On a broken clock it is.
We have moved from "stopped" (your word) to "broken," now?

Then I agree.  A broken clock may have no hands at all, or no face, or anything else one might fancy.

The expression doesn't refer to an actual clock, you know.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on August 18, 2011, 07:55:53 AM
Quote from: Jacob on August 18, 2011, 12:34:22 AM

I'd just like to put my hand in here and say that on the face of it, this is alarming.
:lol:

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.